Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

Maybe a plausible reason for the delay in announcing the last assistant - maybe Roberts has been the primary contact for a couple players in the portal, and we don’t want to move him to a nonrecruiting position until after they commit or we fill all roster so he can keep communicating with those guys. 

8 hours ago, MisterBigRig said:

Are Mike Roberts & Clif Marshall staying?

image.thumb.png.4d8f9ea8e2e0d5e665a383431fcc0261.png

I'm starting to think so. Although they've been listed on there ever since Archie got fired and it hasn't been changed so I don't know if I'd look to much into it until there is an announcement. 

I'm starting to think that Roberts will be the third assistant. I was just listening to 1070 the fan and they had Rick Bozich on and he said he talked to Larry Brown about IU and Woody. He said that Brown talked about Fife some and Roberts a lot. It makes me think Roberts is more respected and thought of in coaching circles than he is by fans. It also sounds like Brown will be around a lot in an unofficial capacity. 

Just now, Hooserfan1901 said:

Me too, AP, feels like it’s dragging too long. However, deals do take some time if we are getting Lewis.

His value might have gone up quite a bit in the last couple of weeks. 

Cannot blame someone for negotiating.

Just now, Hooserfan1901 said:

Me too, AP, feels like it’s dragging too long. However, deals do take some time if we are getting Lewis.

I know that deals and things do but I don't know why Larry Brown would be talking him up if he wasn't good at his job and in Woody's plans. 

29 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I'm starting to think that Roberts will be the third assistant. I was just listening to 1070 the fan and they had Rick Bozich on and he said he talked to Larry Brown about IU and Woody. He said that Brown talked about Fife some and Roberts a lot. It makes me think Roberts is more respected and thought of in coaching circles than he is by fans. It also sounds like Brown will be around a lot in an unofficial capacity. 

You might be right. I don’t know why wouldn’t just have announced it already though if that were the case.

4 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

I think we had to regroup after Lewis said no. But maybe I'm wrong and Mike Roberts is the guy. I just can't imagine we would fire a head coach and his #1 assistant to just keep the #2 & #3 guys

Just now, kottke said:

You might be right. I don’t know why wouldn’t just have announced it already though if that were the case.

They didn't officially announce Kenya was staying. That just got leaked to the media. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

They made a point to let everyone know he was staying. It didn't get accidentally leaked out

I know it was but I think that had more to do with the other schools chasing him and for recruiting purposes. My gut feeling is that Kenya and Mike got handcuffed and micro managed by Archie. Woody clearly has a role for Mike or he would already be gone and the fact that Larry Brown was talking about him a lot to Bozich was interesting to me. 

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I know it was but I think that had more to do with the other schools chasing him and for recruiting purposes. My gut feeling is that Kenya and Mike got handcuffed and micro managed by Archie. Woody clearly has a role for Mike or he would already be gone and the fact that Larry Brown was talking about him a lot to Bozich was interesting to me. 

Brown also mentioned he felt Woody would go out and get one more guy.

"I think getting Fife and having Mike Roberts around and Thad, he’ll get another bulldog out there that will help him.”

So it does look like Mike is staying, but he also mentioned them bringing in someone else.