Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

8 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

If I was Fife, I'm not sure I'd want to leave one assistant job for another. He's been a head coach at the D1 level. He could probably run a program somewhere.

Same with Lewis... Why would he leave a head coaching job at UCLA to be an assistant at IU? I think we should be realistic here.

Lewis isn’t the head coach at UCLA. 

Just now, Baltimore Hoosier said:

What about Calbert Cheaney? I think he adds instant credibility with recruits. Being the leading scorer in the history of the Big Ten is no joke.

Does he want to recruit? Or does he enjoy coaching with the Pacers. That is the question.

I think there will be a few people in roles that we aren't used to or don't know who they are. Woody has some people he really likes that aren't college guys. I don't have any names yet. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

I think there will be a few people in roles that we aren't used to or don't know who they are. Woody has some people he really likes that aren't college guys. I don't have any names yet. 

Is Fife a realistic possibility? Or just wishful thinking at this point?

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I’m not sure but isn’t he kind of a secondary coach with the Pacers rather than front of the bench staff? That might entice him to IU if we offered him such a role...

Although you’d know better than me. 

1 hour ago, hoosierbgh said:

Personally, I prefer Lewis but Fife probably makes a lot more sense. 

if Arizona lets S Miller go, Pasternack could be one of the main candidates to replace him, which would open up the UCSB gig and I'd expect Lewis to be a candidate for that job--also, I haven't followed it closely but if Utah State is now open....ditto

6 minutes ago, Magisterium said:

if Arizona lets S Miller go, Pasternack could be one of the main candidates to replace him, which would open up the UCSB gig and I'd expect Lewis to be a candidate for that job--also, I haven't followed it closely but if Utah State is now open....ditto

If they let Miller go due to the FBI investigation, then I would think that Pasternack has no shot at that job.  https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/basketball/pascoe/calls-between-ex-wildcats-assistant-joe-pasternacks-cell-phone-and-agent-cited-in-fbi-probe/article_8cc25a98-a47b-11e7-9f56-a7f5565d084d.html

14 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

I’m not sure but isn’t he kind of a secondary coach with the Pacers rather than front of the bench staff? That might entice him to IU if we offered him such a role...

Although you’d know better than me. 

He moved to a bench spot after the one assistant left I believe

24 minutes ago, Magisterium said:

will there be a DOBO or is that redundant now with Matta coming on board as AAD?

DOBO does a lot of stuff that the coaches don't want to do. I doubt Matta wants to do it either. For that reason alone I think there will still be a DOBO. Besides, why not fill a position that is there? The person hired could turn in to a future assistant coach or possibly head coach.

36 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

If I was Fife, I'm not sure I'd want to leave one assistant job for another. He's been a head coach at the D1 level. He could probably run a program somewhere.

Same with Lewis... Why would he leave a coaching job at UCLA to be an assistant at IU? I think we should be realistic here.

It's a lateral move, so you pay him more money than he is currently making. That's without mentioning the benefits that he played here and would be the head coach in waiting. Those are all big factors. 

48 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

if Miller's let go it might be stated as being due to the investigation, but IMO the real reason would be "not enough wins" so maybe they'd at least look at Pasternack

but boosters may feel he's not (yet) a big enough name and want to make a run at Oats or Musselman FWIW

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I’m into this.

Woody’s gonna be great. Let’s launch some threes, play hard, have some fun, win games.