Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

IUBB 2021 General Off-Season Thread

21 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Any idea what this is about 

9C3E821D-F797-4317-8F73-6BBA580A1F03.png

Pure guess, but with his birthday today I'm going to guess it has something to do with Bob Knight. 

Maybe naming something after him, or some honorary title so he can "retire" a member of the program, sort when a player signs a 1-day deal before retiring. Doesn't sound like Knight's style, but just throwing a guess out there. 

9 hours ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Any idea what this is about 

9C3E821D-F797-4317-8F73-6BBA580A1F03.png

Honestly, this is what I expect: Tom Brew will say that he will be doing a podcast or one-hour weekly show of some sort with one or more basketball players this season. And those players will be compensated under the NIL policy. He's has a similar deal for football with Penix and another player, I think. ... I think the "huge basketball news" will only be huge to him. No offense, but Tom Brew is not the type to break "huge" news. 

I'm on an IU FB fan page in which he posts quite often. He'll say, "Here's my story about (insert topic here.). A must read." Very self-serving and out to get clicks. 

13 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Honestly, this is what I expect: Tom Brew will say that he will be doing a podcast or one-hour weekly show of some sort with one or more basketball players this season. 

Who the hell is Tom Brew? I've never heard of him. Sounds like he's about as well known as me....and I'm a nobody.

50 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I have never met Tom, but I'm not a fan of his writing, his style or anything else about him. 

So aside from that, are you are saying that you really like the guy? :)

I agree with those that think the announcement will probably be his own show/podcast with a player(s) getting NIL $$$. I don’t like his clickbait, and him saying this will be bigger than IU/KY playing again, but in this day and age any source of NIL $$$ helps with current players and future recruits.