Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

IUBB 2021 General Off-Season Thread

40 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Interview with Men's team starts about halfway through video

Okay...I gotta read into this one:

At the 13:30 mark we've got Dave Revsine interviewing Woody, who is speaking seriously while a serious-faced Trayce and Race sit next to him. 

Woody "A lot of guys are moving in the right direction. I like Rob Phinisee and the things he's done." (Trayce and Race sit stone-faced)

Woody continues "The Galloways (Trayce immediately starts noticeably cracking up), the Geronimos, and Anthony Leal, these guys are all starting to pick it up"

Revsine (pointing at Trayce) "Why's the guy next to you laughing? What are you laughing about?"

Woody "Cause he knows exactly where I'm coming from when it comes to that" (nope, that wasn't why he was laughing)

Revsine "Trayce (who is still grinning) what are you thinking right now? 

Trayce (trying to recover) "Oh, I agree. 100%. He said Geronimo, and Geronimo has brought it to another level."

Lol

54 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Okay...I gotta read into this one:

At the 13:30 mark we've got Dave Revsine interviewing Woody, who is speaking seriously while a serious-faced Trayce and Race sit next to him. 

Woody "A lot of guys are moving in the right direction. I like Rob Phinisee and the things he's done." (Trayce and Race sit stone-faced)

Woody continues "The Galloways (Trayce immediately starts noticeably cracking up), the Geronimos, and Anthony Leal, these guys are all starting to pick it up"

Revsine (pointing at Trayce) "Why's the guy next to you laughing? What are you laughing about?"

Woody "Cause he knows exactly where I'm coming from when it comes to that" (nope, that wasn't why he was laughing)

Revsine "Trayce (who is still grinning) what are you thinking right now? 

Trayce (trying to recover) "Oh, I agree. 100%. He said Geronimo, and Geronimo has brought it to another level."

Lol

I watched it and I have no idea what to take away from that other than it was very weird lol. 

13 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I watched it and I have no idea what to take away from that other than it was very weird lol. 

Right?

It was either:

1. Like my kids who laugh at me when I say something in a way they think is awkward or uniquely quirky to me, even if no one else thinks it's funny. That would be the pluralization of "the Galloways."
  2. Trayce thought it was funny that Woody thinks Galloway is picking up his game.

Either way, Woody didn't look amused and Trayce was like "uh-oh...oops"

45 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Right?

It was either:

1. Like my kids who laugh at me when I say something in a way they think is awkward or uniquely quirky to me, even if no one else thinks it's funny. That would be the pluralization of "the Galloways."
  2. Trayce thought it was funny that Woody thinks Galloway is picking up his game.

I hope it was #1 because #2 would mean that not only Galloway isn't picking up his game but that he's being mocked about it. That doesn't seem like the positive atmosphere we're being otherwise shown. 

My guess that it is #1 and TJD is just laughing at the idiosyncrasies in Woodson's speech like referring to himself in the third person or, in this case, pluralizing Galloway's and Geronimo's names, as you said.

49 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Right?

It was either:

I definitely took it as option #1. There were a couple other times Trayce and Race started laughing to each other when Woody was talking. 

7 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Woody is a quirky guy. He's got some sayings that routinely cause grins. Not a Tom Crean mock him for it kind of quirky, but more a genuinely glad he's around kind.

They were cutting up a bit at times when it was only the 3 players. I think they were just goofin'... 

16 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Right?

It was either:

Like others I took it as the former.  Kids making fun of the weird things their dad says.  I suspect this pluralization gets  mimicked when Woody is not around.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/LongFormArticle/College-basketball-breakout-candidate-for-each-Big-Ten-team-173513117/#173513117_2

From 247 identifying breakout candidates for each B1G team

Khristian Lander was supposed to come into Indiana and play like a 5-star freshman last year. He was supposed to give Indiana's backcourt a much-needed spark and potentially be a contender for Big Ten Freshman of the Year. But those expectations were a little too lofty for a guy who was enrolling early and had to endure a tough COVID-filled season. But a full offseason and a new coaching staff might just be what the doctor ordered for Lander. He's still dripping in talent. I have a hard time believing that last year was an indictment on his talent. He only shot 27 percent from 3-point range and he only made six two-point field goals all season long. Those shooting numbers will go up. He might not have a big role right away, but that's more than fine. Lander can continue to master Mike Woodson's new system and work his way into a bigger role down the stretch. Don't be surprised if he bounces back in a big way in 2021-22.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Kristian Lander was supposed to come into Indiana and play like a 5-star freshman last year.

Don't be surprised if he bounces back in a big way in 2021-22.

Listened to Goodman's interview with Woody yesterday, and Woody gave a pretty good shout out to Kristian. Said he's making big jumps in the quality of his play. 

Still think he'll be the 3rd PG, but I bet he gets more than 4 minutes a game this year when all is said and done.

23 minutes ago, DWB said:

Listened to Goodman's interview with Woody yesterday, and Woody gave a pretty good shout out to Kristian. Said he's making big jumps in the quality of his play. 

Still think he'll be the 3rd PG, but I bet he gets more than 4 minutes a game this year when all is said and done.

My gut tells me that Lander needs to see "major" minutes this year or he will be gone.