Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

IUBB 2021 General Off-Season Thread

1. Great news. I think will translate to faster play during games. It's not surprising Millers practices were slow.
4. Better coach/player relationships could certainly help both during games and for recruiting.
5. Sounds about right.
6. It's always a question how quickly a player will adapt to college play. He's been on campus for less than a month, though.
7. That's expected.
8. His PER at Pitt would've been borderline 1st team all-B1G. So he's a stud that will help.
Can you elaborate on what you mean by staffing? Do you mean a potential addition to the staff?

Would not be another assistant or replacement for a current assistant. It would be an addition in another sense to the staff that would help with practices above all.

Nothing is confirmed and it’s more of a cross your fingers thing that could benefit every player. I’ll let you know more detail if I’m able to share the info one way or the other.

Sorry for being vague about it right now!

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Great stuff.

The end of the bench is as I’d expect. Galloway started a bunch of games last year. I like a lot about him, but at his size he’s going to need to be able to shoot the ball. Hearing X is ready is excellent. We know TJD, Race, X, Kopp can be parts of a good team. We need 2 or 3 guys to breakout. Lander, Rob, Durr, Tamar, Stewart, Geronimo. If that happens we can be good.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Great add-on post doc. Asking for two or three of the six you listed to be quite good is not asking all that much, but really it’s asking for two more solid or better guards out of Rob, Lander, Bates, and Stewart. If that happens we’ll be a very dangerous team.

On 6/29/2021 at 6:35 PM, tomallenfan1 said:

Would not be another assistant or replacement for a current assistant. It would be an addition in another sense to the staff that would help with practices above all.

Nothing is confirmed and it’s more of a cross your fingers thing that could benefit every player. I’ll let you know more detail if I’m able to share the info one way or the other.

Free throw shooting coach???????

On 6/29/2021 at 9:06 PM, tomallenfan1 said:

Some notes from practice from a friend who was able to be present for a couple of them:

5. Miller Kopp is “Zach McRoberts who can actually shoot very well”.

6. Tamar Bates may not be as ready as early as some hope. Still early though with time to grow.

7. End of bench looks to be Leal, Galloway, Duncomb right now.

8. Xavier Johnson is THAT dude. Impressive and determined.

I appreciate your sharing. 

Kopp has a few years in the B1G already so is a known quantity. Obviously could break-out, but would expect incremental over evolutional improvement. Still just having a wing that can shoot will be a revelation for this team. 

Freshmen are Freshmen. Occasionally they are great, but usually underperform the hype. That is why I look forward to IU not depending on them like it seems we have for the last 20 years. 

I would hope that the #12 & #13 guys would red-shirt. No reason to waste a year of eligibility for occasional garbage time a walk-on can manage. My question is why doesn't basketball get the same treatment as football for red-shirting? In football a player can appear in 4 games, but none in basketball? What is that about?

I hope Johnson is THE GUY we all want and IU has desperately needed for so long. Hates losing and not trying to make friends. WIN FREAKING GAMES. 

On 6/29/2021 at 10:35 PM, tomallenfan1 said:

Would it involve a former player that is currently looking for work. Possible player development role?

On 6/29/2021 at 10:35 PM, tomallenfan1 said:

Anything come of the staff thing you were hearing?

3 hours ago, cybergates said:

Anything come of the staff thing you were hearing?

I think I can speak to tomallenfan's prior post. What he was hearing was a real possibility and would have been interesting, but will not happen.

Armond Hill is a completely separate matter and was unrelated.