Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

IUBB 2021 General Off-Season Thread

Really good conversation with coach Ya.   After listening to that IU recruiting will be in good hands this summer 

His enthusiasm and excitement at the beginning is awesome. Says the right stuff. I think he will be a really good one if his connections live up and stay up. I like his takes on all the topics.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

9 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Per Coach Yas “We’re trying to concentrate on maybe one more guy from the portal.”

Hmmmm...

It makes me think if they are still going after someone it might be a guy who is testing the NBA waters since it's been very quiet with IU being connected to any new names. 

It makes me think if they are still going after someone it might be a guy who is testing the NBA waters since it's been very quiet with IU being connected to any new names. 

It might be someone at a school whose fans are bananas and he doesn’t want to deal with them. He could be waiting for the semester to end.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

It might be someone at a school whose fans are bananas and he doesn’t want to deal with them. He could be waiting for the semester to end.

He said someone in the portal. They can't be focusing on a guy not in the portal because that would be a violation. 

He said someone in the portal. They can't be focusing on a guy not in the portal because that would be a violation. 

“Maybe one more guy from the portal..”
He never said they were concentrating on someone in the portal but obtaining someone from the portal, meaning not from high school.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

“Maybe one more guy from the portal..”
He never said they were concentrating on someone in the portal but obtaining someone from the portal, meaning not from high school.

He also talked about how you can't talk to players until they enter the portal. He wasn't talking about KB. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Hunter to the Portal, Justin Taylor coming for a visit. Is what I’m hearing tonight.

So you are hearing Hunter is going to the portal or has he entered the Portal

28 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Hunter to the Portal, Justin Taylor coming for a visit. Is what I’m hearing tonight.

Interesting. Hunter had just today posted pictures of him at practice on Instagram. Not sure how I'd feel about it. He has the perfect height and length for the small forward position. Just not sure he'll ever get to where we thought he'd get before his injury. 

42 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Justin was planning to come in June already right?  Am I thinking of the right guy. Is he coming earlier now

17 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Justin was planning to come in June already right?  Am I thinking of the right guy. Is he coming earlier now

No official visits are allowed until June

18 hours ago, Chris007 said:

That rumor has been going around so it might have legs. Even if he hasn’t officially entered it yet.

16 hours ago, Honkyman said:

ap2345 said: "That rumor has been going around so it might have legs. Even if he hasn’t officially entered it yet."

Like the rumor that Keion Brooks was entering there Portal and transferring to IU.

Could be. It is just a rumor after all. 

Could be rumors but we obviously need something to talk about during this slow period. So if Jerome Hunter does enter the transfer portal we probably still have to wait until July when guys have to remove their names from the draft to find out about EJ Onu and or Keion Brooks. Going to be lots of competition for playing time for all positions but we really do not have a rim protector/shot blocker like Onu. Adding him could make this a much better defensive team.