Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ryanfuller97

Anyone have a word on where Brunk will go next or who’s scouting him?

3 hours ago, Rico said:

Ivy League?

No, they don't allow graduate players. That's why guys like Seth Towns transfer out. They graduate with eligibility left then have to find somewhere else to play.

1 minute ago, go iu bb said:

No, they don't allow graduate players. That's why guys like Seth Towns transfer out. They graduate with eligibility left then have to find somewhere else to play.

And here I had Joey penciled in for "The Skulls and Keys", geez.

8 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Would make sense.  Penn State has had trouble retaining their roster over the offseason.  Trent Buttrick has already transferred to UMass and John Harrar is in the portal.  They are really void of bigs.

Penn State was one of the first through my head too bc of Shrewsberry and they need large dudes but idk if he’s gonna wanna have the same situation with a new coach because normally they don’t do the best the first year with a new coach and a bunch of the guys are leaving. Wondering if he’s gonna wanna go with a more stable pic since he’s only go one more year.. and wondering if he’d want to go that far. 

Edited by ryanfuller97

25 minutes ago, thaboss131 said:

I know this would never happen, but seeing as how I grew up in Muncie, I certainly wouldn’t mind it if Joey went to Ball State lmao

Well he loves to play in indiana and he’s late getting into the portal so who knows at this point lol

Edited by ryanfuller97

16 hours ago, thaboss131 said:

I know this would never happen, but seeing as how I grew up in Muncie, I certainly wouldn’t mind it if Joey went to Ball State lmao

I grew up in Muncie as well.  Where did you go to high school?

5 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

I grew up in Muncie as well.  Where did you go to high school?

I grew up outside of Muncie but actually went to Jay County since the rest of my family went there as well. I’m finishing up school at Ball State right now so Brunk coming over before I go would be kinda cool lmao

Edited by thaboss131

2 minutes ago, thaboss131 said:

I grew up outside of Muncie but actually went to Jay County since the rest of my family went there as well. I’m finishing up school at Ball State right now so Brunk coming over before I go would be kinda cool lmao

I went to Delta, but much older than you class of '90.

1 minute ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

Yeah Delta seems to give the business most every year to Jay Co in football lol.

11 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

My school Knightstown played Delta my senior year 1989 and they had Matt Painter

18 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

I was on that team with Painter.  He graduated a year before me. 

That game was at Knightstown and Gene Keady came to see that game.  I made sure I had all of my IU gear on.  One of my friends was a Purdue fan and I went over with him to get Keady's autograph

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That game was at Knightstown and Gene Keady came to see that game.  I made sure I had all of my IU gear on.  One of my friends was a Purdue fan and I went over with him to get Keady's autograph

Yeah Gene, Bobby and Jud Heathcote all came to our high school games my junior year to watch Painter.  

On 4/14/2021 at 3:56 PM, brumdog45 said:

Would make sense.  Penn State has had trouble retaining their roster over the offseason.  Trent Buttrick has already transferred to UMass and John Harrar is in the portal.  They are really void of bigs.

He started following Shrewsberry on social media today so they are obviously talking... i’m still hoping for Ohio St lol. Figure he’ll go with a Big 10

On 4/14/2021 at 8:41 AM, Dave from Dayton said:

IU basketball and fans were fortunate to have Joey Brunk on the team.  He was big in the center where IU needed a big.  He was a leader.  He tried. 

He has 2 degrees and has been an upstanding team player and representative.  He has had to deal with a lot.  His father passed away during his college days.  He has been injured and he had to be out for a year.  And when playing, he had B1G bigs coming at him.

He gave it his all.  Well played, Joey.  Best of luck!

And no I do not know if or where he will be playing next.  

He’s been through a lot and he’s a great kid. He’s also just not good at college basketball. He was a bust. All can be true. 

Edited by Nonymouse