Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ryanfuller97

Anyone have a word on where Brunk will go next or who’s scouting him?

Very surprised he is transferring. Figure he must have something good lined up somewhere else. He said he wanted to go to law school here so i figured he’d start that now. I wonder if he will go somewhere in Indiana again? Since he has a history of it. Some people think Purdue for some reason, I think somewhere more like IUPUI since he will be close to home and will play a bigger role on the team. 

Brunk will wind up at a school where he knows he will start. That's why he came to IU in the first place--Archie Miller assured him he would start at center and TJD would start at the 4. And, that's why he is leaving IU--because Mike Woodson told him TJD is starting at the 5 and Brunk would be coming off the bench to relieve him.

12 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Probably not. They'll find a way to cancel their season again. 

LOL.....I see Brunk to Yale, Harvard, or better yet Princeton.

3 hours ago, Honkyman said:

Brunk will wind up at a school where he knows he will start. That's why he came to IU in the first place--Archie Miller assured him he would start at center and TJD would start at the 4. And, that's why he is leaving IU--because Mike Woodson told him TJD is starting at the 5 and Brunk would be coming off the bench to relieve him.

Exactly what i think too. Woodson didn’t seem to need him. Figure he will go to an indiana school and he wants to law school. I feel like IUPUI is the best option for that, if not Purdue, or returning to Butler (don’t know if that is really allowed or not). 

1 hour ago, Dave from Dayton said:

IU basketball and fans were fortunate to have Joey Brunk on the team.  He was big in the center where IU needed a big.  He was a leader.  He tried. 

He has 2 degrees and has been an upstanding team player and representative.  He has had to deal with a lot.  His father passed away during his college days.  He has been injured and he had to be out for a year.  And when playing, he had B1G bigs coming at him.

He gave it his all.  Well played, Joey.  Best of luck!

And no I do not know if or where he will be playing next.  

Great response. He seems like a great guy! 

10 minutes ago, ryanfuller97 said:

Exactly what i think too. Woodson didn’t seem to need him. Figure he will go to an indiana school and he wants to law school. I feel like IUPUI is the best option for that, if not Purdue, or returning to Butler (don’t know if that is really allowed or not). 

IUPUI would make sense. Purdue (I could be wrong here) doesn’t have a law school and he definitely wouldn’t start there. I’m not sure on if Butler has one or what his playing time would be like there.