Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUMS vs Maryland - 4/14/21 @ 7:30 on BTN

That was a very good second half. For the first time since Maryland joined the Big Ten we didn't either tie, win at the wire or lose by multiple goals to them. 

Finally with 10 min left. we could breath against these turtles and not either be biting our nails or drowning in sorrow. Bezerra is about to be a pro and games like this show who the elite players are and he clearly is. The Terps are down a ton of players and their legendary coach Sasho Cirovski who was on a red card suspension (funny story about him for anyone who DM's me, but can't be shared on here). However, they still have plenty of talent to hang in there, unlike any of the teams we have played this year not named Michigan.

Now Saturday, we play the best squad we have seen this season by far in PSU. The previous top team we beat is the Wolverines and we didn't play well and were lucky to get victory. The Nittany Lions demolished Michigan 4-1 tonight and were completely dominant. I am still not sold our Hoosiers are the best team in the Big Ten given what I have seen so far, but they can change my mind if they beat Penn State who to me looks like the cream of the crop right now. 

34 minutes ago, Aaron said:

That was a very good second half. For the first time since Maryland joined the Big Ten we didn't either tie, win at the wire or lose by multiple goals to them. 

Finally with 10 min left. we could breath against these turtles and not either be biting our nails or drowning in sorrow. Bezerra is about to be a pro and games like this show who the elite players are and he clearly is. The Terps are down a ton of players and their legendary coach Sasho Cirovski who was on a red card suspension (funny story about him for anyone who DM's me, but can't be shared on here). However, they still have plenty of talent to hang in there, unlike any of the teams we have played this year not named Michigan.

Now Saturday, we play the best squad we have seen this season by far in PSU. The previous top team we beat is the Wolverines and we didn't play well and were lucky to get victory. The Nittany Lions demolished Michigan 4-1 tonight and were completely dominant. I am still not sold our Hoosiers are the best team in the Big Ten given what I have seen so far, but they can change my mind if they beat Penn State who to me looks like the cream of the crop right now. 

Maybe. But Penn State did lose to MSU at home, Barely beat the Northwestern team somehow beat us. And like 2 weeks ago could only manage a tie against Maryland. 

Penn States ceiling might be higher but they are also more inconsistent 

42 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Maybe. But Penn State did lose to MSU at home, Barely beat the Northwestern team somehow beat us. And like 2 weeks ago could only manage a tie against Maryland. 

Penn States ceiling might be higher but they are also more inconsistent 

PSU defense is certainly a bit leakier and has given up 10 goals, but their offense is as good if not better than IU.

I would agree they can be inconsistent as you said , but they are certainly the best team we have faced to this point and this will be a battle to see who is truly the best team in the Big Ten

How good is Victor Bezerra's 10 goal season you ask?

Since 2013, only Andrew Gutman has scored more goals in a single season than Victor Bezerra, scoring 11 in his MAC Herman Trophy winning campaign.   Gutman played 23 matches.   Bezerra has played 10. @IUSTVsports

7 hours ago, Aaron said:

PSU defense is certainly a bit leakier and has given up 10 goals, but their offense is as good if not better than IU.

I would agree they can be inconsistent as you said , but they are certainly the best team we have faced to this point and this will be a battle to see who is truly the best team in the Big Ten

With a doubt best team we have faced.  Will be interesting. 21-10 goals. Versus our 24-2.  

Whoever scores first might win 

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

With a doubt best team we have faced.  Will be interesting. 21-10 goals. Versus our 24-2.  

Whoever scores first might win 

I can see a 1-0, 3-2 game, even PKs for that matter. It will be an offensive showing