Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

DWB

IUBB Men's twitter feed

I know we don't have a DOBO yet, but I sure hope that the new DOBO gives some direction and access to player development on the IUBB twitter feed. Compared to the IU Football twitter feed the BBall feed is in a "post if you put a gun to my head" mode. I'm really disappointed in it.

Don't expect to see any clips from practice, or scrimmage per se, but it would be nice to see the coaches working with individual players for development purposes, and the "Family" side of the team that Woody is trying to instill.

I realize I'm probably very early in posting this, but I'm interested if any of you share the same viewpoint, or have other suggestions for communicating with fans, who are so eagerly awaiting some more player updates (non-recruiting).

Hey man, with the coaching change they didn’t have their normal exit interviews which would typically include a development plan.  Coach Woodson is watching hours of data, practices, and game film to compile those now that the internal options are set.  At the earliest we will probably start seeing those trickle out individually is probably over the next couple of weeks.  We will probably see some short bursts of content from them, but probably not much this year until after the start of the first summer session.  This is how it has mostly been the last few coaching changes after the rosters were set or blown up.  

I understand it will be a while before we see any meaningful content, I just hope when they do get organized and get into a routine, someone will address the communications to the fans, and this obviously is one of the major sources.

I also hope they upgrade it to a more consistent schedule and have content that is more than whose birthday it is, as was the case under Archie. 

This will be interesting. From the department, I can see wanting to do something that keeps IU basketball front and center. But I heard Coach Fife be pretty specific that they were not going to tolerate social media criticism from parents and relatives. To the point of saying the players would be held accountable for that kind of stuff. I don't think he would have addressed that without CMW's approval. So, the question is does an active program social media profile encourage the interactions that they want to avoid. Fife went so far as to say 'take your son and leave. We'll win with you or without you.' I just am sceptical that CMW wants to be on the cutting edge when it comes to social media. He did also say he wanted to 'insulate' the program. Will he interesting to see what happens. Remember, we just hired an old school kind of coach. Of course, I could be completely wrong.

14 hours ago, cthomas said:

I don't think he would have addressed that without CMW's approval.

HA! You never know. It is Fife we're talking about.

Anyway, It doesn't matter much to me, then again I'm older. I don't Tweet. I don't Chirp. Heck I don't even Beep......well, maybe depending on the beer.

It's for sure noticeable. It really depends on program to program. 

In my opinion, Indiana Basketball doesn't need to post as much as other program's because there are already 1 million + followers on Twitter. There is a fan base, they may have decided they don't want to saturate with too much media.

Archie may have been stiff on what could've been recorded and posted as well. It's a decision that is made upon the head coach with the amount of content. Indiana has a Creative Director that makes the content and graphics, he gets input as well. Woody is pretty old-school, I'm unsure if it will be a major change in the amount of content posted. 

It's not a budget issue that's for sure, it's a decision making process.  

1 hour ago, ramadden13 said:

Significantly better tweeting from everyone involved in the program since the coaching change IMO. Everyone seems unleashed and willing to post more interesting content. Exhibit A:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed! A breath of fresh air. 

Successful programs have this kind of social media presence. I'm glad Indiana has decided to finally make that step.