Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Early Big Ten Projections (2021-2022)

So, I am not as high on X Johnson as some one here and I have made that known. But in no way did I not see him as a top 25 big ten player (Sorry for the double negative). I mean come on. 

Freaking John Harrar and Pete Nance? give me a break. 

XJ is 2-0 against Pete Nance in his career with a total of 32 points 13 rebounds and 12 assists. 

Pete Nance on the other hand scored a total of 10 points with 12 rebounds and 3 assists in those two games.

I know this is just two guys putting together a list and doesn't mean much but still funny/irritating.

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

So, I am not as high on X Johnson as some one here and I have made that known. But in no way did I not see him as a top 25 big ten player (Sorry for the double negative). I mean come on. 

Freaking John Harrar and Pete Nance? give me a break. 

XJ is 2-0 against Pete Nance in his career with a total of 32 points 13 rebounds and 12 assists. 

Pete Nance on the other hand scored a total of 10 points with 12 rebounds and 3 assists in those two games.

I know this is just two guys putting together a list and doesn't mean much but still funny/irritating.

Johnson's numbers have been All-B1G caliber and borderline  1st team. And that was in the ACC so it's not as though he did it against weak competition. He definitely should've been in the top 25.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/09/17/big-tens-top-25-players-for-2021-22-5-1/

5. Jaden Ivey (Purdue)

4. TJD (IU)

3. EJ Liddell (OSU)

2. Hunter Dickinson (Michigan)

1. Kofi Cockburn (Illinois)

TJD was 3rd last year on the list and averaged 19 points and 9 rebounds for the year. He drops to 4th this year. Whatever.

Hopefully this is the year IU gains back the respect it usually gets. 

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/09/17/big-tens-top-25-players-for-2021-22-5-1/

5. Jaden Ivey (Purdue)

4. TJD (IU)

3. EJ Liddell (OSU)

2. Hunter Dickinson (Michigan)

1. Kofi Cockburn (Illinois)

TJD was 3rd last year on the list and averaged 19 points and 9 rebounds for the year. He drops to 4th this year. Whatever.

Hopefully this is the year IU gains back the respect it usually gets. 

As they say,respect must be earned. We just need to win and it'll be back.

1. Purdue

2. Ohio State

3. Illinois

4. Michigan

5. Maryland

6. Indiana

7. Michigan State

8. Rutgers

9. Nebraska

10. Northwestern

11. Wisconsin

12. Iowa

13. Penn State

14. Minnesota

A little excerpt from an article from The Athletic for anyone considering Minnesota anywhere above the worst team in the B1G and potentially the entire P6:

“All told, as Blue Ribbon put it this preseason, the Gophers have 14 players from 13 different schools from 10 different states who played at six different levels last year (DI, DII, DIII, NJCAA, prep school and high school). Every win should be cherished.”

16 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

A little excerpt from an article from The Athletic for anyone considering Minnesota anywhere above the worst team in the B1G and potentially the entire P6:

“All told, as Blue Ribbon put it this preseason, the Gophers have 14 players from 13 different schools from 10 different states who played at six different levels last year (DI, DII, DIII, NJCAA, prep school and high school). Every win should be cherished.”

I expect them to be a whole lot like the Malik Story, Mike Santa, Kyle Taber, Brett Finklemeier Hoosiers.

23 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I expect them to be a whole lot like the Malik Story, Mike Santa, Kyle Taber, Brett Finklemeier Hoosiers.

Mike Santa? I don't remember a player by that name.

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

That’s truly crazy 

37 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

1. Purdue

2. Michigan

3. Ohio State

4. Indiana

5. Michigan State

6. Illinois

7. Maryland

8. Rutgers

9. Iowa

10. Nebraska