Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Early Big Ten Projections (2021-2022)

33 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

How the hell does Bohannon still have eligibility?

yeah its insane. He played 10 games and then took a medical redshirt in 2019. Then he got the covid waiver for 2020.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/09/14/big-tens-top-25-players-for-2021-22-20-16/

20. Eli Brooks (Michigan)

19. John Harrar (PSU)

18. Devonte Jones (Michigan)

17. Justice Sueing (OSU)

16. Keegan Murray (Iowa)

Really surprised to see John Harrar make the top 25. Feel like he will be about the 3rd or 4th best player on PSU this year. Which means they would have that many players in the top 25 and I just don't see it. 

49 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/09/14/big-tens-top-25-players-for-2021-22-20-16/

19. John Harrar (PSU)

17. Justice Sueing (OSU)

16. Keegan Murray (Iowa)

Really surprised to see John Harrar make the top 25. Feel like he will be about the 3rd or 4th best player on PSU this year. Which means they would have that many players in the top 25 and I just don't see it. 

Rebounding wise, he is the best player on the team.

1 minute ago, Rico said:

Rebounding wise, he is the best player on the team.

okay. Does that make him a top 25 player?

Seth Lundy is clearly a better player. VERY strong argument that Myles Dread is a better player. That would make him the third best/impactful player on Penn State. Why isn't Penn State projected to be much higher if they have three players in the top 20?

5 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

okay. Does that make him a top 25 player?

Seth Lundy is clearly a better player. VERY strong argument that Myles Dread is a better player. That would make him the third best/impactful player on Penn State. Why isn't Penn State projected to be much higher if they have three players in the top 20?

Not in my eyes...but I ain't the author/pollster that made up the list.

Just now, Rico said:

Not in my eyes...but I ain't the author/pollster that made up the list.

okay sorry I thought you were agreeing with them. I will say that the overall talent level is down this year on paper so it might be hard to choose after the top 10, but John Harrar is like the epitome of big ten basketball I guess

Nothing more Big Ten than having a player like him in the top 20

Just now, Stuhoo said:

For that matter, they have Devonte Jones at #18 based on numbers in the Sun Belt Conference that are almost the exact same as Xavier Johnson's numbers in the ACC. I'm guessing that X won't be ranked.

He won't be. He got an "also considered" on yesterday's article. 

Dylan Burkhardt is the UM writer who helps Bozich compile this list (which you may already know). He is not a fan of X and has stated so. But obviously is a fan of Jones. He will also be the reason that TJD is not higher on the list 

5 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

19. John Harrar (PSU)

17. Justice Sueing (OSU)

16. Keegan Murray (Iowa)

IMO Murray is a sleeper at #16, solid FR year, lots of open shots opening up for Fran in Iowa City.  I do question how he will respond with the added attention now that he is a first page scout guy now though.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/09/15/big-tens-top-25-players-for-2021-22-15-11/

15. Pete Nance (Northwestern)

14. Trent Frazier (Illinois)

13. Zach Edey (Purdue)

12. Geo Baker (Rutgers)

11. Donta Scott (Maryland)

Nance is the surprise here, he has really underwhelmed every time I have watched him. But he did come on a little last year and certainly has the potential. But it is clear the talent level is really down this year after looking at the list so far. I do think some of the transfers will prove to be top 25 worthy over some of the returning options. 

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/09/15/big-tens-top-25-players-for-2021-22-15-11/
15. Pete Nance (Northwestern)
14. Trent Frazier (Illinois)
13. Zach Edey (Purdue)
12. Geo Baker (Rutgers)
11. Donta Scott (Maryland)
Nance is the surprise here, he has really underwhelmed every time I have watched him. But he did come on a little last year and certainly has the potential. But it is clear the talent level is really down this year after looking at the list so far. I do think some of the transfers will prove to be top 25 worthy over some of the returning options. 

This list has been odd all along so far. The B1G seems strong per Teams but as Individuals, a little underwhelming, no?

Zach Edey is an interesting beast. He could be top 5 to unranked, depending. I hate that he’s a good free throw shooter at that size. Unfair.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/09/16/big-tens-top-25-players-for-2021-22-10-6/

10. Eric Ayala (Maryland)

9. Caleb Houstan (Michigan)

8. Ron Harper Jr. (Rutgers)

7. Trevion Williams (Purdue)

6. Andre Curbelo (Illinois)

Hard to argue with these 5 imo. Maybe the order of them can be discussed, but I believe all are worthy of top 10 consideration. TJD will certainly be in the top 5 and IU's only player. I bet he ends up 4.