Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Early Big Ten Projections (2021-2022)

5 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

What’s the deal on Maryland being projected to be so good? Too lazy to look into returning starts / incoming players....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They pretty much return everyone of note, as long as Wiggins comes back. 

they also got two good transfers that fill needs for their roster. A point guard in Fatts Russell from Rhode Island and a Center in Qudus Wahab from Georgetown.

Both project to start and provide instant impact. However, not sure they are top 10 good as most are projecting. Definitely a better team than they were this year though

8 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

They pretty much return everyone of note, as long as Wiggins comes back. 

they also got two good transfers that fill needs for their roster. A point guard in Fatts Russell from Rhode Island and a Center in Qudus Wahab from Georgetown.

Both project to start and provide instant impact. However, not sure they are top 10 good as most are projecting. Definitely a better team than they were this year though

Wow, I totally missed the Fatts Russell news...he was probably my favorite player in the A10 last year since Scoochie Smith from Dayton had an up/down year. Thank you!

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

SIAP but Jordan Bohannon will return for his 10th season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This surprises me a little! I assumed he and Wieskamp would be gone and Iowa would have a pretty bare cupboard. But Bohannnon, Touissaint, Murray, some transfer big, and various McCafferys will score a bunch. Maybe an NIT team even without Wieskamp

"Its been 21 seasons since a B1G school went winless in the conference season. That was Northwestern at 0-16 in '99-20 with Ben Johnson as their leading scorer.

Since then, the Gophers worst seasons were 2-16 (with Ben Johnson on the coaching staff) and 3-13 twice (one with Ben Johnson in the starting lineup).

I'm glad Thorson is on the staff, so I'll be optimistic and predict they WILL NOT be the worst team in B1G history:

6-25 overall, 2-18 in conference."

I saw this posted on a Minnesota forum and I had to laugh. So, Ben Johnson was a player on a northwestern team that didn't win a single conference game and then transferred to Minnesota and was on a team that went 3-13. He also was on staff for two teams that went 2-16 and 3-13 in conference play. 8-58 in those four years, impressive

I am still befuddled at how this guy got that job. I mean he was also on staff for some of Xavier's worst teams of the last 20 years!

Lovely to:

1. Feel like 5th would be quite good, all considered

2. feel like it’s achievable and even a reasonable goal

3. see X suggest it’s motivating to be picked that low.

We all want titles, conference and otherwise. But fifth would be much better than every team since 2016.

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

That would be a heavy loss.  Granted they are bringing in stud reserves, but Dickinson is proven.  

If he leaves it drops them pretty far down IMO. They do have talent coming in, but nobody that affects the game like him.

That said, I doubt he leaves. 

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/09/13/big-tens-top-25-players-for-2021-22-25-21/

Inside the Hall's annual top 25 players of the Big Ten started today.

25. Jonathan Davis (Wisconsin)

24. Jordan Bohannon (Iowa)

23. Max Christie (MSU)

22. Tyson Walker (MSU)

21. Qudus Wahab (Maryland)

Hard to really comment on these as 3/5 have never played a game in the Big Ten. Bohannon could put up big numbers since the rest of his team left last year, and Davis will be taking on an entirely new role as a go to scorer. 

50 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/09/13/big-tens-top-25-players-for-2021-22-25-21/

Inside the Hall's annual top 25 players of the Big Ten started today.

25. Jonathan Davis (Wisconsin)

24. Jordan Bohannon (Iowa)

23. Max Christie (MSU)

22. Tyson Walker (MSU)

21. Qudus Wahab (Maryland)

Hard to really comment on these as 3/5 have never played a game in the Big Ten. Bohannon could put up big numbers since the rest of his team left last year, and Davis will be taking on an entirely new role as a go to scorer. 

How the hell does Bohannon still have eligibility?