Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Xavier Johnson - Commits to IU (PG)

9 minutes ago, cthomas said:

My overly simplistic post of the day:  CMW was underestimated.

On 3/21/2021 at 1:17 AM, Stuhoo said:

His winning % as a coach? Took over the worst team in the NBA.

First four years as a head coach 106-222.

Next five years as an NBA head coach? 209-143.

As an NBA assistant coach? 566-493. 

Been in the league as a player or coach for 30 straight years.

Too old? Not young as I’d like, but younger than some too.

:)

4 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

My only question is...how do Rob and Lander fit into the equation with him coming on campus? One of the 3 will be the odd man out, and Rob nor Lander are moving to the 2 IMO....

In my uneducated opinion, Lander will be our backup point guard and Phinisee will have a substantially reduced role. That could change if he exorcises whatever demons were haunting him last year, but I think Woody’s offense will be perfect for a guard like Lander.

2 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

My only question is...how do Rob and Lander fit into the equation with him coming on campus? One of the 3 will be the odd man out, and Rob nor Lander are moving to the 2 IMO....

As I understand it, players can enter the portal at any time. So, an addition may lead to a subtraction depending on who is impacted. This may take a while to sort out.

6 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

It’s not like we’re drowning in good SGs at the moment. I suspect we’ll play more three guard lineups and sometimes a PG will shift to play the 2.

4 minutes ago, cthomas said:

As I understand it, players can enter the portal at any time. So, an addition may lead to a subtraction depending on who is impacted. This may take a while to sort out.

Right, which would lead me to think Rob will enter his name into the portal. The interest and offer to Xavier has been there for some time, and Lander isn't recommitting if thinks he's going to be the third option. 

To be clear, I really hope that he doesn't, but I'm not sure how all 3 of them co-exist and get enough minutes to be happy.