Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Dane Fife returns HOME to Join Mike Woodsons staff

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

This was my favorite line of the interview.

"If you're going to get on social media and complain about the coaches without talking to us, then you can take your son and leave. We'll win with or without you."

Might be why Franklin is still in the Portal. His mama does like her some social media. 

I was sorta surprised Fife said this was the first time (other than working for Davis) he was offered a job at IU. I would've thought during one of the times Crean had an opening he might have picked up the phone -- unless he was worried about poaching from his mentor's staff. Yet Fife said Izzo was very supportive of him getting back to IU. 

I can sorta see why Archie possibly didn't -- he might have have felt threatened by someone very close to his age of whom the fan base is very fond. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

For some reason, people seem to think that Fife is the polished CEO type, and that Jasper Mike Lewis is the surly good old boy.

It's pretty much the opposite. Lewis is more like Woody; a sweet natured guy that you don't want to mess with.

Fife has more than a little RMK in him.

Now I like this hire more.  Just make sure the chairs a bolted down.

Dane also mentioned on DD's show that he hopes other former players join the IU staff too. He said Izzo had a lot of people with MSU ties in roles on the staff there. 

49 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I was sorta surprised Fife said this was the first time (other than working for Davis) he was offered a job at IU. I would've thought during one of the times Crean had an opening he might have picked up the phone -

A. J. Guyton was always adamant that former IU players were not to be considered for basketball staff positions.  Obviously that is no longer the case.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

This was my favorite line of the interview.

"If you're going to get on social media and complain about the coaches without talking to us, then you can take your son and leave. We'll win with or without you."

Is this referring to India and Armaan? If so, what did she say?

Anyone know if there’s a recording of the interview with Fife and Dakich? I saw someone posted the link last page to Dan’s show and I clicked on it and went through the whole show on that link and didn’t hear him with Fife at all, so didn’t know if there’s somewhere else to go. Thanks

Just now, IUrocker said:

Anyone know if there’s a recording of the interview with Fife and Dakich? I saw someone posted the link last page to Dan’s show and I clicked on it and went through the whole show on that link and didn’t hear him with Fife at all, so didn’t know if there’s somewhere else to go. Thanks

Just start at the beginning, he's the first guest. 

Just now, NashvilleHoosier said:

Just start at the beginning, he's the first guest. 

Ok cool I’ll give it a shot, thanks! Was he talking for a while and not just about IU basketball? What I forked through they were talking about all sorts of stuff and I didn’t hear anything about IU so maybe I happened to skip over the exact parts I was looking for, ha 

1 minute ago, IUrocker said:

Ok cool I’ll give it a shot, thanks! Was he talking for a while and not just about IU basketball? What I forked through they were talking about all sorts of stuff and I didn’t hear anything about IU so maybe I happened to skip over the exact parts I was looking for, ha 

Yeah they started with things like when are you making the drive....I have to get a seat moved in the car for the dog crate, etc. But he's on right after the intro. 

9 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Yeah they started with things like when are you making the drive....I have to get a seat moved in the car for the dog crate, etc. But he's on right after the intro. 

What I heard too was he is sleeping on Mike Roberts' couch?  :)  I am sure he was joking (maybe not?) but the wife and kids are staying behind.  

10 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I clicked on the link again to start from the beginning and it just started at a segment with Jason B and it was those two for a good 38 minutes and then Dan took a break and then came back and said “talked to Dane Fife earlier...”, but at the beginning of the segment of the link it just starts with him talking to Jason, no Fife. 

3 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

I clicked on the link again to start from the beginning and it just started at a segment with Jason B and it was those two for a good 38 minutes and then Dan took a break and then came back and said “talked to Dane Fife earlier...”, but at the beginning of the segment of the link it just starts with him talking to Jason, no Fife. 

Yeah, I tried playing the YouTube video, and before you click play, it says the video is 2 hours and 57 minutes and change long, but once it starts playing it goes down to an even two hours. Something must have went wrong on the upload.

58E0C24D-042A-49F2-8B71-8276EA4B6754.jpeg

2998DDE0-A785-4198-8FED-73FEA2C90291.jpeg

Edited by swingline14