Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Dane Fife returns HOME to Join Mike Woodsons staff

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

He was still the lead recruiter so the salesman in him was doing work.  Selling is a big part of coaching 

Recruiting is huge (yes, I have a keen eye for the obvious).

But beyond that Dane is an IU guy to the bone and has been recruiting the exact geographic area that we need to focus on.  I prefer that, by a factor of 1,000, over hiring a guy that has ties to the southeast as an example. It’s easier for IU to land Midwest guys, there is plenty of Midwest talent and Fife has a ton of Midwest connections. He lays the groundwork and then the kid that hopes to go to the NBA meets the ex-NBA head coach.  Big win.

Oh wow I just seen this. Cant express how happy it makes me to see these Hoosier legends coming together. Really optimistic about this coaching staff. A lot more than the previous two coaching hires. Welcome home Fife. 

42 minutes ago, Myrmidon76 said:

Smiling from ear to ear about this move. October can't come quick enough for me and my family. There's so much right about not just this, but everything that has transpired these last 2-3 weeks. Excited doesn't even begin to define the joy I feel. To hope for so many years....

I'd argue this last week. I was a little worried going into last weekend.

8 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Little creation of mine....

How it started vs how it's going | image tagged in how it started vs how it's going | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

During the Stevens pursuit I started thinking how this could/should be a real possibility. I probably had Beilein instead of Woody but I wanted Dolson to build a monster staff of coaches and player development people with the money we did not spend on BS. 

This is coming together better than I hoped and we still need to play and win but this is one heck of a start. 

So let's say IU turns it around the next three years.

Which situation best serves IU, say, 5 yrs later.

a)Fife stays as asst coach.

b) Fife gets a job at somewhere like Iowa St or ODU and hones his HC craft before returning to IU?

2 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

So let's say IU turns it around the next three years.

Which situation best serves IU, say, 5 yrs later.

a)Fife stays as asst coach.

b) Fife gets a job at somewhere like Iowa St or ODU and hones his HC craft before returning to IU?

If things are going well, keep the band together. Worked at Wisconsin, could work at UNC (we’ll see).

1 hour ago, Homer said:

The third person that internet experts had in the head coaching list. 

You can call it whatever. Internet experts. Talk show jocks. Podcast folks. etc..

But the national media and vegas had pretty much the same list.

I guess the fact we hired 3 guys off those lists, the internet experts weren't all that wrong.

Or we go back to looking at flight schedules.

:farting_smiley:

4 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Bad day to take the family to a waterpark. 

I have never seen this sentence posted, heard it uttered, or imagined this thought in all my life, and do not expect to ever read this same sentence, hear these words uttered, or imagine the thought again in my life. For that reason, this is a momentous post. Bask in the moment.

2 minutes ago, chicagoHOOSIER said:

I have never seen this sentence posted, heard it uttered, or imagined this thought in all my life, and do not expect to ever read this same sentence, hear these words uttered, or imagine the thought again in my life. For that reason, this is a momentous post. Bask in the moment.

I've heard it before. There was a tornado involved though.