Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Dane Fife returns HOME to Join Mike Woodsons staff

13 minutes ago, Evariste Galois said:

I saw him on the list of players that Dane landed (quite the list indeed). So...

That is great and all, but let's remember that guys were not going to MSU to play for Fife. They were going to MSU to play for Izzo.

6 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

LOVE seeing Dane back!

This is how to start a week, Lander and Dane

Pretty crazy to think about the immediate reaction to the Woodson hire, followed by the gradual growing realization of how good it could be

This should be his theme song: 

Well, I’m starting to become impressed. Who would’ve thought?

Dane is in my top five players in Indiana. I got to meet him back in the day. He’s the definition of a Hoosier, minus not being from Indiana. Close enough though!

Im impressed. Dane is the only coach I wanted besides you know who... 

This is great. He recruits the conference well, he knows how to scout the conference, he’s probably going to take over once Woody decides to take his talents to Cloverleaf every morning instead of Cook Hall (popular restaurant in Bloomington, Bobby loves it there).

Add Kristian coming back today. WOW!

I still need to see him coach of course and advancing pass a Sweet 16 in the next three to four years would be ideal. 

It’s looking good.. Go Hoosiers!

EDIT: AND WE GOT JORDAN BACK?? WOODY SETTING EXPECTATIONS HIGH THIS SEASON.....WOW!!

So played under Knight (expert tactician/family mentality into program)

Played for Mike Davis (was a good recruiter)

Coached with Izzo (different type of tactician built good family mentality )

Mike Woodson (great technical developer)

If he pays/payed attention (no doubt that he did) that creates a well rounded coach for our future.  

Co-worker of mine used to live in same neighborhood as Fife when he was coaching at IPFW. He said Dane was such an awesome guy. Great neighbor and used to have all the neighborhood kids at his house and he'd be out messing around with them all like they were all his kids. Sounds like his wife was also really well liked.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Didn’t Chris007 mention that Aaron Henry and Keion Brooks were possible transfers?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Only Brooks, Aaron Henry might test to the waters or just return to MSU 

siap but it's impossible to catch up on what I've missed this afternoon.

“Dane is someone who I have always had the utmost respect for,” said Woodson in a release from IU. “His knowledge of the Big Ten and his success as a recruiter will be an invaluable asset as we look to continue building a staff that will help elevate this program to the highest levels. I know his love for the for the Hoosiers and this University comes across the moment you talk to him and we are excited to welcome back Dane, his wife Blair, and daughters Quinnly and Reagan back to Bloomington.”

And this from Dane:  “I’m excited to announce that I’m joining Coach Mike Woodson’s staff and I intend to help him bring home number six,” Fife said in a statement on his Twitter page.  “To be an Indiana Hoosier, I’ve always said, was my dream as a little boy growing up in Clarkston, Michigan.  Now, once more, I’m going to be a Hoosier.”

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/report-dane-fife-to-join-iu-coaching-staff/?fbclid=IwAR1rYSklbuQlt8N7v3JL2DzyU22xqkzY-6lYbs44AsOEPCKQhzKeJ1Hv5OY

32 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Didn’t Chris007 mention that Aaron Henry and Keion Brooks were possible transfers?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Wonder if Dane will go after Rocket Watts.