Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

6 minutes ago, HoosierKnight said:

He said that if it’s true, it would be the most impressive hire that’s happened so far for Woodson’s tenure. Seemed very excited about what he gets done with recruiting and behind the scenes stuff. Didn’t act like it was a for sure done deal or that he even knew anything about it. 

Any mention of a secret recruit or did he have reasons why it would be the most impressive hire. 

Oh I have no idea what’s on it, hoping for someone say something 

He gives a lot of opinions and possibilities he sees playing out as far as player development, roster balance and needs, some good luck with next season’s schedule, and other stuff like that. Nothing insider-ey and he makes the effort to place that disclaimer. He is hearing Rosemond as well, which he puts a + on as a guy who “gets **** done” and “gets guys”.

One part I found interesting is he says a former IU player went out of his way to contact other potential HC candidates and encouraged them to avoid the IU job so as to make the push for Woodson easier. First I’d heard of that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

At some point I think we should just trust that CMW knows what he is doing. If he wants someone, then I'm OK with that. I don't see how this can possibly go wrong at this point. Every move seems calculated and intentional. IU basketball is moving into a new era and I couldn't be happier. He is surrounding himself with people who fit a vision and can help him achieve it. I don't doubt his coaching ability for a second. He has been involved with way more sophisticated offenses and defences than he will ever see at the college level. I think he'll do just fine. Let him build the monster.

At some point I think we should just trust that CMW knows what he is doing. If he wants someone, then I'm OK with that. I don't see how this can possibly go wrong at this point. Every move seems calculated and intentional. IU basketball is moving into a new era and I couldn't be happier. He is surrounding himself with people who fit a vision and can help him achieve it. I don't doubt his coaching ability for a second. He has been involved with way more sophisticated offenses and defences than he will ever see at the college level. I think he'll do just fine. Let him build the monster.

And Woodson is an IU guy. This is his dream and nothing would make him happier than making IU a winner like on the past. I believe he would do absolutely nothing at all to risk the integrity of not only himself but this university and hire someone who would get us caught up in a scandal. So whoever who wants, I’ll fully support him in his decision and whomever he brings in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

There is confirmation that Rosemond is Woody’s choice, someone leaked a Peegs message

He’s been Woodson’s choice since Friday. 

Mike Woodson came a year after a title and left the year before a title.  He wants to win an NCAA title.  He’s not going to win one just to have it taken from him.  

Exactly. Couldn’t agree more. So if he thinks Rosemond is good and is the guy he wants, I will support it 100%

7 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

It’s a long discussion, but there are three very different standards:

1) Conviction for a statutory offense—a crime—beyond a reasonable doubt by a unanimous  jury, 

2) A finding of violation of an stated policy of an organization, in this case, the NCAA, and 

3) Enough information that any of us has learned that exceeds their own personal ethical standards.

In this discussion, item number 1) above is easy to assess, item 2) is rarely enforced, and item 3) is whatever each of us personally thinks it should be.

70C7C03E-C491-4432-829F-769D3FE69185.gif

And Woodson is an IU guy. This is his dream and nothing would make him happier than making IU a winner like on the past. I believe he would do absolutely nothing at all to risk the integrity of not only himself but this university and hire someone who would get us caught up in a scandal. So whoever who wants, I’ll fully support him in his decision and whomever he brings in.

I think a lot of times people on here and people everywhere (myself included) fail to remember that the people running these operations are people too. Woody, Fife and Lewis want to see IU win, and win cleanly enough, far more than any of us fans.

They’ve got my full support and belief that the ship will be righted.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I think a lot of times people on here and people everywhere (myself included) fail to remember that the people running these operations are people too. Woody, Fife and Lewis want to see IU win, and win cleanly enough, far more than any of us fans.

They’ve got my full support and belief that the ship will be righted.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agree 100% And people totally have the right to always be worried about if someone is dirty and could hurt our teams. If Archie or Crean was making a questionable hire, I’d be nervous because they are doing what they need to boost their resume (in my mind). Woody will make a decision for himself yes, but I think if you ask him, he would care less about his legacy and building a resume but more about returning his beloved IU to glory. So he isn’t going to do anything to jeopardize that.

1 hour ago, cleeter said:

Agree 100% And people totally have the right to always be worried about if someone is dirty and could hurt our teams. If Archie or Crean was making a questionable hire, I’d be nervous because they are doing what they need to boost their resume (in my mind). Woody will make a decision for himself yes, but I think if you ask him, he would care less about his legacy and building a resume but more about returning his beloved IU to glory. So he isn’t going to do anything to jeopardize that.

AGREE 100%