Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

He was

I didn't know that.  Yikes.  Call me cautious because we hired Kelvin Sampson and I saw the mess that followed, but I'm nervous.  Especially since I don't see the upside in Rosemond.  At least Fife has landed many stud recruits...I guess I'll go look up Fife and fbi scandal now.

1 minute ago, Josh said:

I didn't know that.  Yikes.  Call me cautious because we hired Kelvin Sampson and I saw the mess that followed, but I'm nervous.  Especially since I don't see the upside in Rosemond.  At least Fife has landed many stud recruits...I guess I'll go look up Fife and fbi scandal now.

Both were cleared that they did know wrong doing though.  Names were given some where legit others weren’t.  Fife and Yas werent. 

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Both were cleared that they did know wrong doing though.  Names were given some where legit others weren’t.  Fife and Yas werent. 

I can't find anything on it at all.  Just Dwayne Stephens at Michigan State.  What info do we have on Fife's mentions?

Rosemond has some damning info, but Dawkins wouldn't testify.  

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Fife was recruiting big-time recruits at a big-time basketball school. It doesn’t take too many leaps to guess what he was doing at Michigan State. And I’m completely fine with it. If you want to succeed in 21st century college basketball you have to act like a 21st century college basketball program.

That's a different argument imo.  I understand going a little grey, but to hire a guy who has quotes in the fbi probe just seems like a little much

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Look back and you’ll see tweets that mentioned Fife.  I’m glad some of you aren’t on my life jury.  I thought it was innocent until proven guilt. LOL

In determining innocence or guilt there's still a trial with the facts laid out.  That's all I'm looking fir

16 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Look back and you’ll see tweets that mentioned Fife.  I’m glad some of you aren’t on my life jury.  I thought it was innocent until proven guilt. LOL

16 hours ago, Josh said:

In determining innocence or guilt there's still a trial with the facts laid out.  That's all I'm looking fir

It’s a long discussion, but there are three very different standards:

1) Conviction of a criminal statutory offense--beyond a reasonable doubt by a unanimous  jury, 

2) A finding of violation of a stated policy of an organization, in this case the NCAA, and 

3) Enough information that any of us has learned that exceeds their own personal ethical standards.

In this discussion,

1. The final result is easy to assess,
  2. Is rarely enforced, and
  3. Is whatever each of us personally thinks it should be.

Consider this:

the fbi probe resulted in assistant coaches being indicted.  Who they are is less important than where they coached:  Auburn, USC, Arizona, and Oklahoma State.  Auburn (with Bruce Pearl as well as their football team), USC (widely known to pay players, ala the Reggie Bush scandal), and Arizona (with Sean Miller on tape talking about paying players) are all synonymous with cheating.  Oklahoma State is one whose history I don't know as well, but the point is that the probe resulted in what I would call four basketball programs using a scapegoat for their penalties.  None of them had a head coach fired as a result of the actions and as of yet, none have been penalized as a result of their actions.  Hell,  the NCAA refused to punish North Carolina and Louisville's punishment has been minor given the situation.  This is a good old boys network and they don't punish the major players....instead, the dirty work is assigned to the lower level grunts in assistant coaches while the university and head coach denies culpability.  And the assistants know that if they ever do talk about just following orders, their career is over as schools won't hire them.  It may be quite a while before the four assistants mentioned are back as an assistant, but it will likely happen.

47 minutes ago, Trish said:

Haven’t been here in a couple days. Rosemond appears to have not been on a staff for a couple years now. 

Where are people seeing he’s a shooting expert? I like that he’s younger and could have some nice potential to develop players.

It appears this is a recruiting coach perhaps? Interesting he’s been out of a job for two years. Did Woody call his old NBA coaching friend Avery Johnson asking for a name? lol

Odd.. I don’t know. 

He’s been doing private training the last couple of years. Sexton gives him credit for helping with his jump shot. 

6 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

He was cleared because the shoe company guys didn’t want to play with him, not because he wasn’t willing.

It’s also not totally clear to me he knew Dawkins would really throw money around, and if so whether that’s something he would’ve been willing to help make happen.

Regardless, even if it makes you uneasy he was mentioned in all this, it’s possible Woodson sees a good coach who needs another chance to buff some tarnish off his name by keeping his nose clean in a high profile role. If so, that’s admirable.

7 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Also, I don’t think it’s fair to incriminate Ya without the full scope of the situation.  We have enough hindrances, we don’t need our fanbase to be another one.  

Play it loud

35 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Oh I have no idea what’s on it, hoping for someone say something 

He said that if it’s true, it would be the most impressive hire that’s happened so far for Woodson’s tenure. Seemed very excited about what he gets done with recruiting and behind the scenes stuff. Didn’t act like it was a for sure done deal or that he even knew anything about it.