Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

18 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Me either, heard he has coached NBA players, a nice recruiter and around 14 years of coaching 

He was also honored as the recipient of the team’s (Oregons') John Warren Award in 1999, which is given to the most inspirational player on the Oregon basketball team

51 minutes ago, Demo said:

I’ve turned down the sound on the Masters and watched 3 episodes of these guys. This is great. Keep this name in mind: Isaiah Collier. ‘23 PG from Atlanta. Rosemond says in the 3rd episode, “Wherever I’m coaching next, I’m offering that kid.”

I figured it would be up your ally.   Glad you enjoyed it.  I only watched the first 2 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

I figured it would be up your ally.   Glad you enjoyed it.  I only watched the first 2 

Yeah, this is kind of crack right here. I envy the hell out of those guys.

24 minutes ago, VO5 said:

He can drop the bag for all I care. If we brings us recruits and we win, nobody else will care either

I will care because that is not what IU basketball is about.  I will give him the benefit of doubt and will give him a chance.  Coach Knight had a few coaches on his staff that had trouble with the NCAA at their previous jobs.  Ellenberger and Lock us Dave Bliss was on his staff at one time.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I will care because that is not what IU basketball is about

CMW doesn't seem like a guy who would tolerate anything that would damage IU's reputation. If there was a question about him, no way he would be part of the staff.

29 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

His nephew is apparently 5 star 6’10 Jabari Smith

The one who signed with Auburn?  Rosemond was a coach at Alabama and his nephew signed with their biggest rival?

Ehh.  I'm not thrilled with Rosemond, but if Woodson wants him for some reason I'm happy he got him.

1 minute ago, Josh said:

The one who signed with Auburn?  Rosemond was a coach at Alabama and his nephew signed with their biggest rival?

Ehh.  I'm not thrilled with Rosemond, but if Woodson wants him for some reason I'm happy he got him.

I think Rosemond hasn’t coached in a while, so I’m guessing that’s why Smith committed to Auburn 

32 minutes ago, Demo said:

Yeah, this is kind of crack right here. I envy the hell out of those guys.

Small thing I noticed in episode 2 was when the other guy was mentioning  Power 5 conferences he named everyone of them by name except the B1G.   Just shows the national perception of the B1G when it comes to recruiting in my opinion 

52 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Sounds like the man is good at what he does then, lol. By all accounts we’re trying to make IU a modern-day program. Maybe this is the last step for that. Even if he’s not about that life he sounds like a good pick up. 

Precisely.  

28 minutes ago, Josh said:

Smith committed to Alabama while Rosemond was an assistant coach there under Avery Johnson.  When Nate Oats took over, he didn't retain Rosemond, so Smith decommitted from Alabama and eventually signed with Auburn.

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Small thing I noticed in episode 2 was when the other guy was mentioning  Power 5 conferences he named everyone of them by name except the B1G.   Just shows the national perception of the B1G when it comes to recruiting in my opinion 

I think that’s true. The perception of the conference as the MMA with a style of play that diminishes skill is gonna be tough to overcome in the near term. Particularly since it’s true. The performance in the tournament really didn’t help. But, Howard and, hopefully Woody, have a chance to start turning that ship if their NBA influence really takes hold. Skill combined with athleticism need to win in conference. Wisconsin basketball and 56-51 games need to be shot into the sun.