Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

Just now, IUc2016 said:

Brown also mentioned he felt Woody would go out and get one more guy.

"I think getting Fife and having Mike Roberts around and Thad, he’ll get another bulldog out there that will help him.”

So it does look like Mike is staying, but he also mentioned them bringing in someone else. 

Maybe keeping Roberts on as Director of Basketball Operations.

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

Brown also mentioned he felt Woody would go out and get one more guy.

"I think getting Fife and having Mike Roberts around and Thad, he’ll get another bulldog out there that will help him.”

So it does look like Mike is staying, but he also mentioned them bringing in someone else. 

Well in that case all aboard the Mike Roberts as the DOBO train again lol 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Don't get me wrong I love Roberts but I'm sorry we can do a little better as a 3rd assistant. I know he's an IU guy but hasn't recruited anyone. Player development hasn't been great. I think as DOBO he would be great just not as our 3rd assistant. That would be my first disappointment under Woody. We would go from maybe getting an assistant from a final four program to keeping the 3rd guy from a fired staff. 

I agree. I mentioned last week that I wasn't sure how I felt about keeping Kenya around since he was part of the previous staff that didn't get it done.

So far keeping Kenya has really worked out. Let's hope that Roberts does too.

Plus, Thad matta and Roberts is better than no Thad Matta and just about any other assistant I can think of. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I did. So maybe that is what they meant. But that wasn't the way I took it. 

I still think it would be made known that Roberts was staying on as an assistant or DOBO. I really doubt they would just continue on without putting that out there as it will certainly be asked about/ 

24 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

They didn't officially announce Kenya was staying. That just got leaked to the media. 

I saw Woody say he was going to be keeping Hunter in an interview.  (It was either to Don Fischer or Dakich.  I think the Fischer interview)

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Well not sure he did but it's been like 4 days since he's been out of the tournament. :-)

When DD interviewed Lewis on his radio show, Lewis did say that he was a "pretty popular guy" lately. So I'd imagine he's getting several offers coming in, from various places. Great for him!

There is no doubt he loves IU and always will, but from his own personal career choices, he has to consider going elsewhere if it's the best for him and his family.

And reading the tea leaves, the DOBO for the last 4 seasons, Brian Walsh (came with Archie from Dayton) is no longer listed as a staff member on the roster/coaching staff page. Not sure when he was removed (right when Woodson was added or maybe just in the last few days), but it might indicate that IU has a plan to replace him (Roberts) 

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Well not sure he did but it's been like 4 days since he's been out of the tournament. :-)

Maybe they wait for a little while cause roberts was talking to someone in the portal. If they move him to dobo he wouldn’t be able to recruit 

2 minutes ago, PB1230 said:

And reading the tea leaves, the DOBO for the last 4 seasons, Brian Walsh (came with Archie from Dayton) is no longer listed as a staff member on the roster/coaching staff page. Not sure when he was removed (right when Woodson was added or maybe just in the last few days), but it might indicate that IU has a plan to replace him (Roberts) 

He was let go with Ostrom. They are currently moving out of Bloomington.