Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

2 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Can someone explain what DOBO stands for? I’m lost lol

Director of Basketball Operations

Duties vary from program to program but some of the more common responsibilities includes

- hotel & food coordination

- media coordination

- camp programming 

- clothing ordering, etc

You basically do everything that doesn't involve coaching on the court. 

12 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

You have clearly never been to California. Not that I would live there, but no where in this country offers more natural beauty and outdoor activity. I know a guy that literally went skiing, hit a skateboard park, and caught a few waves surfing all in the same day. If you could provide me with the location to Half Dome East, or  Iowa National Sequoia, or maybe just some great FL tidal pools to explore starfish, anemones, crabs, sea lions, and sea otters. I would really appreciate it.

I guess if that's what you're into. Me personally, I'll never step foot into California. I'd rather go to Tennessee. Plus Pigeon Forge is a $40 fill up on gas and 5.5hr drive compared to San Fran that's a 6.5 hour flight and a few hundred dollars per person for a plane ticket. 

If Lewis doesn't come to IU for whatever reason, is Turner still a possibility? I thought some were discussing his possibly coming here last week. He strikes me as a solid hire and would seemingly help recruit the south. Anybody hear anything lately regarding him?

Just now, FritzIam4IU said:

If Lewis doesn't come to IU for whatever reason, is Turner still a possibility? I thought some were discussing his possibly coming here last week. He strikes me as a solid hire and would seemingly help recruit the south. Anybody hear anything lately regarding him?

He joined Moser at Oklahoma.

Just now, FritzIam4IU said:

He took an assistant job at Oklahoma.

2 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

He joined Moser at Oklahoma.

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

He took an assistant job at Oklahoma.

I didn't see that. Thanks for the replies and info!

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

So you're very much not a fan of a place you've never been to, but you're already sure you don't like it there so you're never going to go there.

Got it. And thanks for weighing in on what you didn't enjoy from your California non-experience.          :) 

I know I'm not into spending hundreds of extra dollars that I don't need to. I have what I like close. My house. 

Just now, Stuhoo said:

So you're very much not a fan of a place you've never been to, but you're already sure you don't like it there so you're never going to go there.

Got it. And thanks for weighing in on what you didn't enjoy from your California non-experience.          :) 

I'll be the first to say I wouldn't want to live there for various reasons, but the coastal areas are probably the most beautiful and scenic places I've ever visited.

13 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I guess if that's what you're into. Me personally, I'll never step foot into California. I'd rather go to Tennessee. Plus Pigeon Forge is a $40 fill up on gas and 5.5hr drive compared to San Fran that's a 6.5 hour flight and a few hundred dollars per person for a plane ticket. 

7 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I know I'm not into spending hundreds of extra dollars that I don't need to. I have what I like close. My house. 

So we have gone from you can find what California offers all over the place but cheaper to I have what I like, my worn out Barcalounger, TV tray, and 21 inch RCA, why should spend money on anything else.

Damn, I was really looking forward to you hooking me up so I could hike Bridal Falls and the Mist trail in north Georgia.

10 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

So we have gone from you can find what California offers all over the place but cheaper to I have what I like, my worn out Barcalounger, TV tray, and 21 inch RCA, why should spend money on anything else.

Damn, I was really looking forward to you hooking me up so I could hike Bridal Falls and the Mist trail in north Georgia.

I remember having a 32 inch Zenith TV as a kid and thinking it was massive. It was also like 1997. 

But if Michael Lewis wants to take a job here at IU and wants to take a walk in California... He can afford one of the fancy treadmills or even some VR. 

42 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

You have clearly never been to California. Not that I would live there, but no where in this country offers more natural beauty and outdoor activity. I know a guy that literally went skiing, hit a skateboard park, and caught a few waves surfing all in the same day. If you could provide me with the location to Half Dome East, or  Iowa National Sequoia, or maybe just some great FL tidal pools to explore starfish, anemones, crabs, sea lions, and sea otters, I would really appreciate it.

There are a lot of beautiful places in this country including California and many of them offer tons of outdoor activity equal to or better than skiing, skateboard parks (really?), or surfing. Most of those places do not feel the need to tax and regulate the ever living crap out of everything, do not suffer frequent electrical blackouts, water shortages, and tolerate people crapping on the sidewalks. 

3 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

There are a lot of beautiful places in this country including California and many of them offer tons of outdoor activity equal to or better than skiing, skateboard parks (really?), or surfing. Most of those places do not feel the need to tax and regulate the ever living crap out of everything, do not suffer frequent electrical blackouts, water shortages, and tolerate people crapping on the sidewalks. 

Tolerate people crapping on the sidewalks. Oh come. That’s just ridiculous 

And pretell what other state has skiing and surfing 

8 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

I'm trying to decipher what this has to do with our potential future assistant coach.

Does this mean that if we get Mikey Lewis, there's a possibility we could some day find him crapping in front of Greetings gift shop on Kirkwood?

If that's the case, I vote we look elsewhere.

Edited by mjeze106