Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

57 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Flordia is no more crazy than anywhere else. Crazies everywhere. Just freedom of information laws in Florida make that information more accessible. 

100% accurate

I definitely do not believe there is any kind of coach in waiting stuff going on, IMO we have seen a culture shift where former players WANT to come back. I am sure the subject of "being in the running" after Woody was broached, but I see the addition of Fife and possibly Lewis more as an indictment of Crean and Archie, and to a lesser extent Brand and Glass. Embracing the past and looking forward, as apposed to trying to ignore the past or the RMK shadow. I just get this general feeling that there has not been a feeling of welcome or openness around the program to players/coaches under the previous regimes. It is making a huge impact, the media wants to downplay IU as a program, but when you look at the Umbrella of IU people in basketball it is vast, and has been an untapped resource since Davis. I think Crean tried, but ultimately was simply not that likeable, and Archie appeared to have zero interest in reaching out and using the resources of IU's past. Just my thoughts.

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

Disclaimer:  I have lived in Florida for the last 17 years.  The previous 7 years were spent traveling the country.  I've been everywhere in America from the most backwoods parts of Mississippi to the biggest cities.  I can definitively say that we're all the same.  We all laugh at the same things, we all cry at the same things regardless of zip codes, race, gender, preferences.  There's crazy everywhere.

I agree.  except if you live in west lafayette or lexington...

47 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

You are probably correct. New Mexico is as far west as I've ever been. But my wife has made me watch my fair share of real housewives of Orange County and Beverly Hills but that doesn't help much

Would you care to clarify "made me watch?"

Just now, bigrod said:

Would you care to clarify "made me watch?"

Late at night, in bed, can't sleep, and that crap on tv in the background. I honestly don't mind reality TV shows. I need things that are short and keep my attention. Movies are hard for me, I lose focus quickly

One other note on the flight from California. Moye is living in LA too and he’s said that he has talked to IU on Instagram so maybe he might fill a role of some sort. Could be him in the flight or both.

DOBO role maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

7 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

never flew back after their final four game. Makes sense :)

I know that TJ Wolf who’s on staff at UCLA wasn’t because he’s babysitting his nieces slumber party this coming weekend according to JMV so it’s poss Lewis didn’t fly back either.

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I know that TJ Wolf who’s on staff at UCLA wasn’t because he’s babysitting his nieces slumber party this coming weekend according to JMV so it’s poss Lewis didn’t fly back either.

Rabby says some of the dumbest things. He says that coaches don't use their location anymore to meet with AD's. Woodson used his home in White Plains to have Dolson fly too. Several times. 

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Rabby says some of the dumbest things. He says that coaches don't use their location anymore to meet with AD's. Woodson used his home in White Plains to have Dolson fly too. Several times. 

In most cases he’s probably right but I don’t think Woody follows those same rules lol 

3 hours ago, Stromboli said:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa

California is one of my favorite places on earth. More in that state than most countries can boast. Beaches. Vineyards. Cities. Nightlife. Incredible hiking. Adventure sports. Amazing outdoor parks. I love it all. And yes, some interesting, accepting, vibrant people, too. 

I mean you can find that anywhere without spending every penny you have or being taxed to hell and back.