Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

I honestly thought we'd have to pay Fife at least double that.
Don't believe you can. Maybe I'm wrong but I believe there is a cap on what an assistant coach can make

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Don't believe you can. Maybe I'm wrong but I believe there is a cap on what an assistant coach can make

If there is some limit (which I highly doubt) it is probably way above Fife's salary. Kenny Payne was making over $800k at Kentucky before he left for the Knicks

2 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Kenny Payne was making 800K a couple of years ago. But most good assistant coaches are right around 400K

Just now, PB1230 said:

If there is some limit (which I highly doubt) it is probably way above Fife's salary. Kenny Payne was making over $800k at Kentucky before he left for the Knicks

You beat me to it

4 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

And there may have been an undisclosed agreement that he will be taking the HC spot in a few years. I believe this was probably what tipped the scales for him. He wasn't likely to get that at MSU.

I doubt if that was discussed. Rabby did say yesterday that Dane really wanted to come back to IU. 

7 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

IU football was  paying DeBoer 800k plus bonuses.

I thought Dane and/or Lewis would be in the 500-600 range. 

According to Google, Lewis's salary at UCLA (in 2019) was $256,200. Of course, he'd get a raise, but it'd be easy for IU to beat UCLA's offer and bring him home. 

Correction: He was hired by UCLA in May 2019, and the salary figure above was as of Feb 2019, so that was probably what he earned at Nebraska. I couldn't find this current salary at UCLA. 

34 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

IU football was  paying DeBoer 800k plus bonuses.

I thought Dane and/or Lewis would be in the 500-600 range. 

Lewis is only making 250k at UCLA (and because of LA/CA cost of living would be like the equivalent of 175 in Indiana). If he'd get 350k at IU, that effectively doubling his salary. If he does come to IU, I'm guessing Lewis' salary will be around $300k

4 minutes ago, PB1230 said:

Lewis is only making 250k at UCLA (and because of LA/CA cost of living would be like the equivalent of 175 in Indiana). If he'd get 350k at IU, that effectively doubling his salary. If he does come to IU, I'm guessing Lewis' salary will be around $300k

250K was probably at Nebraska, and it's possible that he got a little bit of raise with a cost of living adjustment. My wild guess is that his current salary is around $300K now. 

2 minutes ago, akumanina said:

250K was probably at Nebraska, and it's possible that he got a little bit of raise with a cost of living adjustment. My wild guess is that his current salary is around $300K now. 

yep, missed that, 250k was at Nebraska

Kenny Payne was making 800K a couple of years ago. But most good assistant coaches are right around 400K
Maybe it was IU' assistant salary range I saw then? Idk I thought I read something like that