Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

Just now, IUc2016 said:

SIAP, I know there was mention of Sean May coming on staff as DOBO.

But did anyone hear Kenny Smith on set last night say he was excited for Sean since he gets to move up and even talked to him on the phone earlier that day to congratulate him? Guessing that means he is not an option

Yeah it sounds like he's moving into an assistant coach role at UNC. 

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

But did anyone hear Kenny Smith on set last night talking about Hubert Davis hiring and say he was excited for Sean since he gets to move up and even talked to him on the phone earlier that day to congratulate him? Guessing that means he is not an option

Yes I did hear that. Also @VO5 had said that earlier in the day. So it must have been out there somewhere. 

7 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

But did anyone hear Kenny Smith on set last night talking about Hubert Davis hiring and say he was excited for Sean since he gets to move up and even talked to him on the phone earlier that day to congratulate him? Guessing that means he is not an option

He is off Peegs Hot Board for assistants. He was on there last time. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

I have to be honest I really thought we would have to pay more than this to get Dane to come back to IU

Makes me think Michael Lewis might be getting the big check. 

Although I wouldn't put it past either of them to take pay cuts just to get this thing turned around. 

Just now, Hooserfan1901 said:

$340,000 was Fife's salary at MSU 

Just now, go iu bb said:

I saw either here or anther board that he was making $350k at MSU.

I won't ever make that much lol but I wonder how big of a deal an extra $20,000 to $30,000 is. It feels like he really wanted to come home. 

6 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I won't ever make that much lol but I wonder how big of a deal an extra $20,000 to $30,000 is. It feels like he really wanted to come home. 

Plus 20K for moving. Plus another $25 next year for being on staff

2 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I think that amount still matters in to coaches Fife's salary range (coaches almost always need to plan as if they might needing to take a drastic pay cut in the near future) , although its also very much in the range of what I think MSU could and would be willing to match, so coming back to IU was certainly the driving factor

9 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'm in no way diminishing Dane's decision but maybe he really wanted to cut his ties with Izzo and this was a win-win situation for him to return to his alma mater.

And there may have been an undisclosed agreement that he will be taking the HC spot in a few years. I believe this was probably what tipped the scales for him. He wasn't likely to get that at MSU.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk