Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

14 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I was told all of our assistants have been hired. Won't be announced today or probably tomorrow because they are doing other things right now. 

I'll bite....any names you can pass along? And what "other things" could they be doing? Just curious.

1 minute ago, jbeaman9 said:

I'll bite....any names you can pass along? And what "other things" could they be doing? Just curious.

I asked the same questions and was told they would send me the names later. In between resigning and being announced here may be talking to some people in the portal if that is allowed?

5 minutes ago, madmax said:

The only Assistant that he brought from Dayton was Ostrom which is his right hand man(he also brought Bill Comar, but he was not an assistant coach).

Otherwise he had 4 guys who largely seemed to be considered excellent hires(especially Schilling and Hunter) none of whom had coached with him at Dayton:

-Bruiser Flint

-Ed Schilling

-Mike Roberts

-Kenya Hunter

I understand that the cool thing to do is to hate on Archie these days, but at least use facts when you do(there are plenty to use).

I was wrong. Sorry.

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I asked the same questions and was told they would send me the names later. In between resigning and being announced here may be talking to some people in the portal if that is allowed?

Or talking people into joining the portal....lol

Edited by jbeaman9

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Were you told you mike be able to figure it out if you lewis close enough to his message and if you dane't fifer it out you might just might consider yourself a former Hoosier?

It seems most of the possible assistants mentioned are guys with backcourt experience. Who is going to be coaching the big guys on post moves, post defense and such?

3 minutes ago, T White said:

It seems most of the possible assistants mentioned are guys with backcourt experience. Who is going to be coaching the big guys on post moves, post defense and such?

Hunter for sure....he was significant with the development of NBA big men Roy Hibbert, Greg Monroe, and Otto Porter...probably others I can’t think of. 

39 minutes ago, madmax said:

The only Assistant that he brought from Dayton was Ostrom which is his right hand man(he also brought Bill Comar, but he was not an assistant coach).

Otherwise he had 4 guys who largely seemed to be considered excellent hires(especially Schilling and Hunter) none of whom had coached with him at Dayton:

-Bruiser Flint

-Ed Schilling

-Mike Roberts

-Kenya Hunter

I understand that the cool thing to do is to hate on Archie these days, but at least use facts when you do(there are plenty to use).

34 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I was wrong. Sorry.

Bill Comar came to an athletic dept role — same title Matta has now I believe. There may have been some other staffers GAs who had relationships prior, too. Comar and Ostrom are the ones I know.