Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

3 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

DD said after he ended the interview with Lewis that he wouldn't be surprised if Lewis ends up on staff at Indiana. It was more of a hint rather than just an off handed comment

Yep definitely sounded like it to me...I posted the same thing but deleted because I saw you beat me to it, ha. 

3 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Yep definitely sounded like it to me...I posted the same thing but deleted because I saw you beat me to it, ha. 

you are good man. I hope he really is hearing something 

Just now, IUrocker said:

Makes me wonder, let’s say we do indeed wait on Lewis and end up getting him...would there be no way we get Fife, or could there be a good chance we get them both? 

We have one assistant right now, Kenya Hunter. So yes, we could bring both Fife and Lewis here and make this an absolutely loaded staff of IU guys.

That being said, I wonder if part of the pitch to Fife and Lewis is that they could take over when Woody hangs it up. they're both young enough for that to work at 41/42, but could both bite on that? I don't know. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

We have one assistant right now, Kenya Hunter. So yes, we could bring both Fife and Lewis here and make this an absolutely loaded staff of IU guys.

That being said, I wonder if part of the pitch to Fife and Lewis is that they could take over when Woody hangs it up. they're both young enough for that to work at 41/42, but could both bite on that? I don't know. 

I somewhat agree with the poster above I just don't see IU taking both of them, but I hope I'm wrong. Lewis isn't known for his recruiting right but more of the X's and O's. So maybe Hunter and Fife recruiting and Lewis is the 3rd spot. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I somewhat agree with the poster above I just don't see IU taking both of them, but I hope I'm wrong. Lewis isn't known for his recruiting right but more of the X's and O's. So maybe Hunter and Fife recruiting and Lewis is the 3rd spot. 

I bring Lewis in for coaching and I assume he would be able to recruit Indiana. The other  spot should go to a recruiter with a more national footprint 

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Of the two who do you think we have a better chance of getting?

Lewis because he lives in LA and he's from Jasper. Dane is from Michigan and coaches in Michigan. I do think that Dane would come back to IU with a raise. But I think the Lewis family would like to get closer to home

You may have intel and I have none, but my thought is that Lewis is getting a lot of national praise for his role in bringing the Bruins to the Final Four and could be in line for more head coaching jobs than Fife has been offered over the years.

I would be thrilled with either one, just feel like Fife has a better chance at remaining an assistant next season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

41 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Does this mean you think Roberts Is out?
Earlier I posted that Roberts might get the UNCG head job if Miller gets the UNC position but I’d bet on Davis getting the UNC job.

With Hunter staying I’m not sure it would be a bad thing if Roberts went elsewhere. My thought is 100% not because of Roberts being a bad coach but rather do we want 2/3 of Woodys assistants to be from the prior disaster? I don’t think so and that’s why I’d also like 3-4 new players. Not fair to Roberts but sometimes “stuff” happens.

5 minutes ago, Bobman1 said:

You may have intel and I have none, but my thought is that Lewis is getting a lot of national praise for his role in bringing the Bruins to the Final Four and could be in line for more head coaching jobs than Fife has been offered over the years.

I would be thrilled with either one, just feel like Fife has a better chance at remaining an assistant next season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I have no intel, someone asked me what I thought and I gave my opinion. I think Lewis would take a mid-major job to become a head coach, Fife has said he's turned some down to stay as an assistant at a P5 program. I will drive to Indy to get Lewis after the FF or all the way up to Michigan to get Fife if either wants to come to IU or both. 

10 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Does this mean you think Roberts Is out?
Earlier I posted that Roberts might get the UNCG head job if Miller gets the UNC position but I’d bet on Davis getting the UNC job.

With Hunter staying I’m not sure it would be a bad thing if Roberts went elsewhere. My thought is 100% not because of Roberts being a bad coach but rather do we want 2/3 of Woodys assistants to be from the prior disaster? I don’t think so and that’s why I’d also like 3-4 new players. Not fair to Roberts but sometimes “stuff” happens.

I would love Roberts to get that job if Miller goes to UNC. I don't think there is any way we keep Hunter and Roberts as assistants after firing Archie and Olstrom. We've already kept Hunter, so I think that means Roberts leaves or takes a nonrecruiting role. 

7 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Michael Lewis may be more interested in head coaching job than a lateral move to another assistant job. Same with Fife. 

Fife has turned down mid-major roles he said in a podcast on Peegs. 

Chris 007: Fife has turned down mid-major roles he said in a podcast on Peegs. 

______

The right head coach job may not have been offered to Fife. I very much hope Woodson brings on Fife or Lewis. But I really don't know why either one would leave Michigan State or UCLA to make a lateral move as an assistant coach.  Lewis must be feeling especially satisfied by the work he has done at UCLA. And, Fife may be waiting out Izzo's retirement. We'll see.

1 minute ago, Honkyman said:

Chris 007: Fife has turned down mid-major roles he said in a podcast on Peegs. 

______

The right head coach job may not have been offered to Fife. I very much hope Woodson brings on Fife or Lewis. But I really don't know why either one would leave Michigan State or UCLA to make a lateral move as an assistant coach.  Lewis must be feeling especially satisfied by the work he has done at UCLA. And, Fife may be waiting out Izzo's retirement. We'll see.

I mean I get what you are saying, but it's not just any "lateral move" 

It is literally home for Mike Lewis and Dane Fife's alma mater with an outside chance of taking over one day. he isn't getting the MSU job