Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

I think Glen Watson was like the highest rated recruit Nebraska had ever signed at the time. Hunter was responsible for recruiting him.

Also, I believe he was responsible for bringing in Isaac Copeland to Nebraska. He was a 5 star who transferred from Georgetown to Nebraska. Hunter is an east coast guy who worked at Georgetown for a long  time and convinced Copeland to go to Nebraska

I think Glen Watson was like the highest rated recruit Nebraska had ever signed at the time. Hunter was responsible for recruiting him.
Also, I believe he was responsible for bringing in Isaac Copeland to Nebraska. He was a 5 star who transferred from Georgetown to Nebraska. Hunter is an east coast guy who worked at Georgetown for a long  time and convinced Copeland to go to Nebraska

Awesome! Woodson and Kenya’s east coast/NYC connections will be huge to add to our Midwest base.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Have you ever been to Nebraska? Can you imagine trying to get kids to come there? Plus he's on a bunch of class of 22 kids so make sense to keep that going

Was Hunter the main recruiter on Gunn?

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Have you ever been to Nebraska? Can you imagine trying to get kids to come there? Plus he's on a bunch of class of 22 kids so make sense to keep that going

My wife did a year long internship in Lincoln,  it is much, much nicer than West Lafayette and Purdue, unfortunately, still get's recruits. Nebraska's lack of historical success in basketball hurts them far more than the location. 

19 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

My wife did a year long internship in Lincoln,  it is much, much nicer than West Lafayette and Purdue, unfortunately, still get's recruits. Nebraska's lack of historical success in basketball hurts them far more than the location. 

Yeah Lincoln is nice but it’s FARRR from lots of stuff unless you’ve got people in NE/IA. His recruiting there impressed me.

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Not sure which speaks louder --  Woody offering Hunter to stay on or Hunter agreeing to stay on.  He would have plenty of suitors if he wanted to go elsewhere.

FWIW, Guyton believes Roberts stays on in player development.

That would be perfect for Mike. I know UL wanted Hunter awfully bad. I think it shows something for Woodson to get him to stay, or he might just offered him more money

Just now, IUc2016 said:

Just curious, are we okay with a lot of the same staff that got fired returning? Not sure how I feel about that. 

Roberts is an Indiana guy and wasn't an Archie guy. 

Hunter is surprising abit. Him and Archie have an old relationship. But he did just move from UCONN to Indiana last year. Scott was impressed enough or nice enough to not fire him like the rest of the staff. Indeed interesting.

The rest of the Archie Dayton staff was canned. 

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Important to remember that neither Roberts nor Hunter were brought in from the beginning by Archie.

I mean I remember that. But they were still part of a staff that didn't get it done.