Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

Matta as GM.  Woodson as head coach & director of player personnel. Is Dolson building what amounts to an NBA organizational structure at the college level?  If so this may be a stroke of genius.

I saw some media person a couple of weeks ago saying IU should embrace a evil-empire type approach to basketball.  This may be a route to that.

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

They met last night I read somewhere. Hunter and Lewis worked together at Nebraska. 3rd assistant needs to be a young, player development guy who can recruit. 

Thanks!

7 hours ago, ray said:

Dan Dakitch 

I’m kidding!!!

My top four:

Buckley

Hunter

Lewis

Payne

I do miss having a Tim Buckley on staff. Is he looking to leave Nevada anytime soon? This team could really use “the shot doctor”. 

I would take a look at his son Andrew as an assistant. He's one now at Elon, and is really good at player development. 

Names I would look at in no order

Kenny Payne

Kenya Hunter (Hopefully Back)

Mike Roberts (Should still be talked to by Woodson)

Dane Fife

Michael Lewis

Drew Adams

Andrew Dakich

Calbert Cheaney

Greg Lansing

Possibly some small D1 school head coaches similar to Holtmann when he went from being the head coach at Gardner Webb to being an assistant at Butler.

19 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I would take a look at his son Andrew as an assistant. He's one now at Elon, and is really good at player development. 

Sounds interesting.  With a former player at the helm and his son on staff, what would Danny possibly find to ***** about with IUBB?

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I really don't like to say this, but I'd have concerns Dan Dakich's pipeline to IU basketball might be uncomfortably close if his son was on staff.  

Yeah you're right. He's already doing far too much "coaching from the sidelines" now as it is.

18 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Names I would look at in no order

Kenny Payne

Kenya Hunter (Hopefully Back)

Mike Roberts (Should still be talked to by Woodson)

Dane Fife

Michael Lewis

Drew Adams

Andrew Dakich

Calbert Cheaney

Greg Lansing

Possibly some small D1 school head coaches similar to Holtmann when he went from being the head coach at Gardner Webb to being an assistant at Butler.

Wonder if any of Matta's old assistants are looking for work again or would be someone we would go after