Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Trayce Jackson-Davis Announces Return to Indiana Basketball (QUOTES IN OP)

3 minutes ago, Silat Player said:

It's comments like this that indicate how horrible next year would have been if IU had kept Miller. The program would've been in even worse shape after another year of him coaching.

In fairness I think he said there was no energy after Archie was fired.  I could be wrong but that’s how I interpreted it.  Either way IU made the right decision.

6 minutes ago, Silat Player said:

In all honesty, no one has any idea how Woodson's tenure will be. It's not like he has any college record to look back on. 

I think his hiring is either going to be a home run or a massive strike out. I would be shocked if it is anywhere in between. 

I agree. It's either going to be a 8-9 out of 10, or a 2-3 out of 10 on the winning scale. I know where I'm at. Hope everybody joins me!

3 hours ago, iubb said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's pretty frank lol. Archie always seemed pretty stale to be honest, and the kids really didn't look like they were having fun.

This is a huge win for the program. I think it's best for TJD too. If he can work on his intermediate shot, it would do wonders for his stock.

Bottom tweet is from Xavier Johnson yesterday;  top is from Trayce Jackson-Davis today.  Might just be me, but the wording being so similar definitely makes it seem like Johnson and Jackson-Davis have been in contact quite a bit and are the same page.  Xavier Johnson tweeted today that he would be making his decision soon and ut was filled with replies from IU fans.  Would assume that he would be committing to IU.

2 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I wouldn't bet on anything until we know what roster we have.  In a 4 in, 1 out offense, there is definitely flexibility.  We know we have to replace Al's minutes and IF Race transfers, we have to fill his minutes.  Jerome Hunter will likely pick minutes up.  TJD said that he felt Brunk was coming back -- my assumption is that Brunk will play to give TJD a rest or if he's in foul trouble, but I don't see how they would play together in a 4 in, 1 out.  Stewart is definitely going to get his time on the court, if Johnson comes he's definitely getting his minutes.  

If we start getting guys transferring to IU plus guys recommitting, then Woodson is in the enviable position of distributing minutes instead of trying to find guys to put on the court.

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I wouldn't bet on anything until we know what roster we have.  In a 4 in, 1 out offense, there is definitely flexibility.  We know we have to replace Al's minutes and IF Race transfers, we have to fill his minutes.  Jerome Hunter will likely pick minutes up.  TJD said that he felt Brunk was coming back -- my assumption is that Brunk will play to give TJD a rest or if he's in foul trouble, but I don't see how they would play together in a 4 in, 1 out.  Stewart is definitely going to get his time on the court, if Johnson comes he's definitely getting his minutes.  

If we start getting guys transferring to IU plus guys recommitting, then Woodson is in the enviable position of distributing minutes instead of trying to find guys to put on the court.

It’s going to be awesome to not have to rely on a freshmen for the first time in years 

18 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Wonder what Leal & Galloway think with players coming in? I know they are team players and will get minutes but it seems we are getting a talent upgrade. 

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Wonder what Leal & Galloway think with players coming in? I know they are team players and will get minutes but it seems we are getting a talent upgrade. 

Let’s say we get guys recommitting and bring in two starter/rotation (top 8) type players. You think Leal & Galloway would redshirt? They seem like IU guys all the way. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierKnight said:

Let’s say we get guys recommitting and bring in two starter/rotation (top 8) type players. You think Leal & Galloway would redshirt? They seem like IU guys all the way. 

Probably no reason to — this past year was a “bonus” year so they already have a fifth year of eligibility if they want it

3 minutes ago, HoosierKnight said:

With the covid eligibility exemption, wouldn't they still get 4 years IF they red-shirted? (I'm not up on this technical stuff)

3 minutes ago, HoosierKnight said:

You are assuming they won't be able to improve and fight for a spot.

15 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I could see a situation where it’s tough to find minutes for these two next year.

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

You are assuming they won't be able to improve and fight for a spot.

A hypothetical in which they wouldn’t be in the top 10 of the roster. Not a knock on them or anything. I really like both of them and think they can/will be big contributors in their last two years of college. 

36 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

I could see a situation where it’s tough to find minutes for these two next year.

I'd love to see Leal in an offense where he can let it fly.  He had some flashes this year but felt he wasn't really looking to shoot a lot.  Just to have a coach tell you if you get any space, take the shot would be a huge boost of confidence imo.

I just got to watch TJD's presser. 1st off there seemed to be an effort not to throw AM under the bus while at the same time I could certainly see his frustrations with AM's style and limitations on players. 2ndly I was going to root like hell for this particular team anyhow but now I'm going to also root like hell for TJD individually because I want him to be the best he can be and because he seems like a kid that gets what Indiana basketball is about. Trayce has a great head on his shoulders and seems to have fantastic influences in his life. Lastly I think Woodson is going to put a product in the floor that will be easy to watch and hopefully brings great success with it. TJD has a chance to leave exactly the legacy he wants this next year. Man I hope these guys come out and do something special because I can proudly get behind everyone in this program.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think we need to let the dust settle first and see what players come back and what ones don't.  Durham's exit left 32 1/2 minutes open.  IF both Race and Geronimo transferred, that works out to another 34 1/2 minutes per game open,  Franklin and Lander?  We don't know.

Point is, at this point we are yet to have anyone transfer in for sure and haven't had anyone but Al leave for sure.  I expect if Leal can shoot, he's going to see the court.  Galloway will need to be better on the perimeter but he can guard multiple positions.  I'm expecting that IF we can retain enough players and bring in guys that are capable, the minutes will be there for the splits.  I'm not expecting the mainly seven man rotation and then everyone else just get a couple of spot minute time next year.