Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Trayce Jackson-Davis Announces Return to Indiana Basketball (QUOTES IN OP)

I would love to see another year of Lander, but he and IU really need  a strong  shooting coach. Lander's jab jumper with no follow through was just awful form to watch. He looked like a nervous middle schooler that shows up at the rec and has to end up playing with the starting HS team.

7 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

We definitely don’t know how it’s going to end up but when Jerry Meyer is doing a mailbag and starts it’s out with this 

I expect him to recruit at a high level. An ex NBA coach may or may not resonate positively with a fanbase. But an ex NBA coach does resonate positively with recruits.

I know in my case i downplayed his NBA influence in recruiting.  Encouraging national scouts are pointing it out 

An African American ex NBA coach with direct access to the game's most influential power broker. It's certainly going to matter. 

31 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

I recall you saying undefeated and a national championship year 1....

I kid I kid. 

edit: because I know someone will half read this and run with it. Stu didn’t say this. 

I think you mean Year 1, 2 and 3.  :)  

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

I would think Joey would relate pretty well to CMW. They're not that far apart in age -- LOL! 

That's funny ! But I bet Woody could still take Joey 1 on 1 in hoops...

23 minutes ago, Trish said:

I would love for this hire to turn out well and for myself and others to be wrong, but we still have to win games and win more than CTC and obviously Archie.

We'll see what happens, but it looks encouraging with TJD staying. 

Just imagine a game with TJD as a complete player -- dominates with his left hand, can use his right hand, and is a threat to shoot as well.  Will make all the difference in the world.  

30 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Just imagine a game with TJD as a complete player -- dominates with his left hand, can use his right hand, and is a threat to shoot as well.  Will make all the difference in the world.  

And a guy on the outside that can actually shoot ! Hell....why not 2-3 guys on the perimeter that can shoot? !!

One thing I learned from the press conference... Archie Miller may want to get a Head coaching job soon.... if IU dramatically improves, his stock will be WAY down if it isn’t already. I imagine future recruits will remember this. 
That being said Trayce is working his way into my top 5 favorite Hoosiers of all time!

59 minutes ago, Trish said:

I would love for this hire to turn out well and for myself and others to be wrong, but we still have to win games and win more than CTC and obviously Archie.

We'll see what happens, but it looks encouraging with TJD staying. 

Where I am too. I was critical of the hire and don't apologize for that. Woodson is the one with something to prove, not me, I'm just some schmuck on a free board. Having said that I will relish the opportunity to be wrong about all things Woodson. I want IU to win, if he makes that happen, we'll be friends. 

Keeping TJD may be the single biggest factor in success for next year, I think. Close down a couple more from Lander, Franklin, Race & Jordan along with a solid transfer or two and we may be on to something. Every year I think IU is under-rated while Wisconsin and Purdue are over-rated and almost always all 3 prove me wrong. Desperately want that streak to end! 

2 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Where I am too. I was critical of the hire and don't apologize for that. Woodson is the one with something to prove, not me, I'm just some schmuck on a free board. Having said that I will relish the opportunity to be wrong about all things Woodson. I want IU to win, if he makes that happen, we'll be friends. 

So when we start winning consistently next year, does that mean you'll change your handle to "Schmuck"? (lol)

If we end up being worse than this year, I'll change my handle to "I was wrong"...

Woody’s X’s and O’s dont worry me. You don’t last 20+ years in the NBA if you don’t know the game. The only thing that worries me about him is recruiting. The early results on that front have been superb. He kept Coach Hunter. He kept Parker Stewart. He kept Duncomb and Gunn. And now he’s kept TJD, who admitted himself that he was gone when Archie got fired 

26 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Keeping TJD may be the single biggest factor in success for next year, I think. Close down a couple more from Lander, Franklin, Race & Jordan along with a solid transfer or two and we may be on to something. Every year I think IU is under-rated while Wisconsin and Purdue are over-rated and almost always all 3 prove me wrong. Desperately want that streak to end! 

Don't really care how we are rated.  Would just like to beat those teams each year.  :)  

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Not yeeeeeeet. 

Keion Sr. said a week ago that he would declare without an agent, and that he couldn't see him at a place other than UK if he came back to college ball.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Keion Sr. wants to get paid whether his son goes pro or not. 

1 hour ago, DWB said:

So when we start winning consistently next year, does that mean you'll change your handle to "Schmuck"? (lol)

If we end up being worse than this year, I'll change my handle to "I was wrong"...

In all honesty, no one has any idea how Woodson's tenure will be. It's not like he has any college record to look back on. 

I think his hiring is either going to be a home run or a massive strike out. I would be shocked if it is anywhere in between. 

2 minutes ago, Silat Player said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Keion Sr. wants to get paid whether his son goes pro or not. 

He’s going to have to get on a plane to get money for his son to play basketball.  KBJ just isn’t that skilled.