Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Trayce Jackson-Davis Announces Return to Indiana Basketball (QUOTES IN OP)

Maybe I'm high on Koolaid but I'm really starting to think we could have a seriously strong year next season -- freeing up the O, spreading the floor and actually taking the outside shots that are there, TJD and Duncomb, I'm thinking Lander is back and has a breakout frosh to soph jump, I'm starting to get stoked. Nice start to the weekend

Just now, cthomas said:

I think a whole lot of people are going have to acquire a taste for crow.

@Stuhoo and I had a convo when Woodson first happened and I was dead set against it and Stu was excited and I told him I hope I had to eat crow but I didn’t think it would work. I said it in another thread, but I’ll say it again. Now it’s a week later and I already think Stu was right. Lol

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

So we have offered Cone, Johnson, Green and have Phinisee, plus most likely Lander. Sounds like Woody wants a point guard for next year. 

Johnson is considered the top PG available in the portal. Plays angry. Would be a complete 180 to what we are used to and a HUGE pickup for the new staff. Kid can really guard too. 

My idea of a perfect scenario (assuming that Franklin leaves) is that we keep Lander and add Johnson. Lander has incredible upside and was too young and playing in the wrong system. He was considered the fastest guard in his class prior to reclass. How many times did we get to see that speed? Never! A year matured and playing alongside another athletic guard could mean we are in business much quicker than we anticipated. Not saying I expect to hang a banner or be playing in the final four, but we are gonna have a much better roster than the last 5 years. 

4 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

@Stuhoo and I had a convo when Woodson first happened and I was dead set against it and Stu was excited and I told him I hope I had to eat crow but I didn’t think it would work. I said it in another thread, but I’ll say it again. Now it’s a week later and I already think Stu was right. Lol

Whoa, whoa there cowboy...I'm not taking the blame if we have a 17-14 season and another 9th place B1G finish! 

What I will take credit for is...it is pretty easy to see how Woody's combination of an NBA pedigree and an IU pedigree could be VERY attractive to recruits.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Whoa, whoa there cowboy...I'm not taking the blame if we have a 17-14 season and another 9th place B1G finish! 

What I will take credit for is...it is pretty easy to see how Woody's combination of an NBA pedigree and an IU pedigree could be VERY attractive to recruits.

I recall you saying undefeated and a national championship year 1....

I kid I kid. 

edit: because I know someone will half read this and run with it. Stu didn’t say this. 

42 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Dale does not live around here. Ray Jackson is his stepdad but has been his dad in his life for many years. 

Yeah, everyone thinks because his dad is Dale Davis that he is involved. I don't think he is. Sad but true. Glad he's back. This is a big, big, big deal.Should help keep guys and recruit others. 

19 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

"made the point that Jackson-Davis badly wanted to change the culture at Indiana and that might be what ultimately kept him for another year."

TJD may become a favorite for a generation if he can lead us to a Big Ten title or more

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The good thing is we will find out the recruiting side relatively early and the results side within a year.  Some encouraging developments but talk is cheap.  I started to rally around Archie and the staff he was putting together too.  Then the games started.  

I’ll be optimistic so long as we see optimistic developments. Hopeful and wishful!   

16 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

I would love for this hire to turn out well and for myself and others to be wrong, but we still have to win games and win more than CTC and obviously Archie.

We'll see what happens, but it looks encouraging with TJD staying. 

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

The good thing is we will find out the recruiting side relatively early and the results side within a year.  Some encouraging developments but talk is cheap.  I started to rally around Archie and the staff he was putting together too.  Then the games started.  

I’ll be optimistic so long as we see optimistic developments. Hopeful and wishful!   

We definitely don’t know how it’s going to end up but when Jerry Meyer is doing a mailbag and starts it’s out with this 

I expect him to recruit at a high level. An ex NBA coach may or may not resonate positively with a fanbase. But an ex NBA coach does resonate positively with recruits.

I know in my case i downplayed his NBA influence in recruiting.  Encouraging national scouts are pointing it out 

1 hour ago, Dalton26 said:

Said that coach Woodson is going to be hands on with him and wants to work with him personally instead of having assistants and grad managers do it. 

THIS was the biggest head line to me from TJD's announcement. Woody will develop players, even if he has to do it himself. Assistants are good at development, but when you're an All American, it shows the commitment of Woody to make him NBA ready, but more importantly IU strong!