Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Trayce Jackson-Davis Announces Return to Indiana Basketball (QUOTES IN OP)

54 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Tournament team?  That's it.  Where is the final four next year!  :) 

I'm really happy that TJD is coming back, but tempering expectations might be a thing to do right now. 

These players were 10th in the BIG the last 2 years. 10th. 

Just getting into the NCAA tourney with an 8-seed or above would be a really nice season for this team.

55 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Ima thinking Coach is going to demand a decision soon.

We hired someone with a reputation of being very likeable, but also very blunt.

This is at the top of the list of things I love about CMW......and its a very long list.

42 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

This...I won't get too crazy yet. But if they can hang on to a few more guys and add some shooters...I fully expect to make the tournament next year with TJD coming back. Woodson's been a head coach. The learning curve shouldn't be too much. 

Total agreement here. I know I'm at risk of eating my words, but we were being offered a tournament spot on a silver platter this year, even while we underperformed, and we still fumbled it away with that losing streak to end the year. With TJD coming back and even a modest upgrade in coaching, I see us right back in that spot next year.

36 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'll be curious to see how much Woodson plays them together. Trayce is going to have to develop some type of outside/mid-range game for that to work. 

Yep, and this is one of the reasons why I could see Race not come back. There's no way that they can play in the same frontcourt together at the same time. I think having 2 guys playing at the same time who couldn't hit a midrange shot consistently didn't work last year, and I don't see any reason why it would work next year. 

I'm not saying that their outside shots can't get better, but IU needs shooters on the floor. Besides maybe wanting to be closer to home, it makes me think that Race is wondering what his place would be on this team running more of an NBA offense. 

I would love to see him return, though...

Just now, Silat Player said:

I'm really happy that TJD is coming back, but tempering expectations might be a thing to do right now. 

These players were 10th in the BIG the last 2 years. 10th. 

Just getting into the NCAA tourney with an 8-seed or above would be a really nice season for this team.

Don't be a buzz kill.  :)  

The where 10th in the Big last 2 years due to one man -- Archie Miller.  

3 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Don't be a buzz kill.  :)  

The where 10th in the Big last 2 years due to one man -- Archie Miller.  

Yes when some close games, hit some free throws and we were in the tourney this year. Don't have 5-8 minutes scoring droughts