Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Trayce Jackson-Davis Announces Return to Indiana Basketball (QUOTES IN OP)

43 minutes ago, Trish said:

Yes, pending the rest of the roster moves of course, Woodson might have decent - high expectations first season.

Whether that's a good thing or bad thing, I don't know. He might get a fair shot at making the dance next year. 

This...I won't get too crazy yet. But if they can hang on to a few more guys and add some shooters...I fully expect to make the tournament next year with TJD coming back. Woodson's been a head coach. The learning curve shouldn't be too much. 

I wonder if woodson gave him a pitch if bringing in another true 5 so that he can work more off the block to get the other things he needs for the next level. I think the best thing for him this summer is to work on a 15 foot jumper.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Thank goodness TJD is coming back!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, maharkn said:

I wonder if woodson gave him a pitch if bringing in another true 5 so that he can work more off the block to get the other things he needs for the next level. I think the best thing for him this summer is to work on a 15 foot jumper.

We certainly know Woody wanted him. He used the word "beg" publicly. He could be a nice building block-like Steve Downing was for Knight. It's critical Woodson wins in year one. That gets momentum going and attracts the recruits obviously. I also think Trayce going pretty public like this and having a press conference is a clear message to his buddy Armaan. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'll be curious to see how much Woodson plays them together. Trayce is going to have to develop some type of outside/mid-range game for that to work. 

I think that is the whole point of him coming back -- to make him more well rounded for the draft.  

Hopefuly CMW isn't that old guy that calls someone the wrong name and never can get it right after calling him Tracy earlier this week.

Use it as motivation during the game. If he’s playing soft call him Tracy. Kinda like your parents using the middle name haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And if I’m Woodson, I would have brought up the work I’ve done with Julius randle. He has really blossomed since being with Woodson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

If it for a player to announce he is staying right where he is at, then eye roll emoji.

If CMW and staff wants to create some positive portal energy, I can get with it.

I think this more about CMW than Trayce, and to generate some positive press around one the presumed potential weaknesses of CMW - ability to relate to younger players. Trayces announcement just provides the venue

Edited by PB1230

25 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'll be curious to see how much Woodson plays them together. Trayce is going to have to develop some type of outside/mid-range game for that to work. 

I think he can hit a midrange shot right now. Hopefully Woody brings in 1 NBA skills coach to fill one of the 2 remaining slots. The 4 out and 1 in motion offense, will create a ton of spacing. TJD should do well in that system. Not a lot of big men that can move like he can in open space.