Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Trayce Jackson-Davis Announces Return to Indiana Basketball (QUOTES IN OP)

Armaan and Trayce are really good friends. With Trayce coming back, IU isn’t going to be in rebuild next year. Illinois could be better depending on who they have coming back, but it’s no longer a situation where he’s choosing between a rebuild at IU or a contender at Illinois.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Armaan and Trayce are really good friends. With Trayce coming back, IU isn’t going to be in rebuild next year. Illinois could be better depending on who they have coming back, but it’s no longer a situation where he’s choosing between a rebuild at IU or a contender at Illinois.

I would be very surprised if Armaan leaves now. Just wouldn't add up. 

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

You guys know how much I like and respect TJD. I’ve defended him against the scapegoat accusations countless times.

This is incredible news that I was starting to expect.

A gigantic building block, for a successful team. I’m stoked.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

My hope is that Woody gets an answer soon from the other portal guys. They're either in or out. Because you can't waste your last season with an All-American type player. This doesn't happen too often to where they return another year. I think Zeller is the most recent one and before that it was Cheaney. Indiana needs to hit the transfer portal hard and bring guys in who can have a major impact. This has to help. 

23 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

No reason we can't be a tournament team next year. With as bad as last year was, we were solidly in the field until the late-season collapse. Trayce coming back + Parker + a few transfers + improved coaching and we should be in. 

Tournament team?  That's it.  Where is the final four next year!  :) 

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

My hope is that Woody gets an answer soon from the other portal guys. They're either in or out. Because you can't waste your last season with an All-American type player. This doesn't happen too often to where they return another year. I think Zeller is the most recent one and before that it was Cheaney. Indiana needs to hit the transfer portal hard and bring guys in who can have a major impact. This has to help. 

Ima thinking Coach is going to demand a decision soon.

We hired someone with a reputation of being very likeable, but also very blunt.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Ima thinking Coach is going to demand a decision soon.

We hired someone with a reputation of being very likeable, but also very blunt.

Amen Stu. He met with them individually Monday. If he doesn't hear by next Monday (sounds like he is meeting with them) I say goodbye. 

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Not to get caught up on this but it is TRASH that TJD's name is not in this article. I guess they assumed he was leaving. Only explanation. 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/page/Wooden040221/wooden-watch-early-favorites-2022-wooden-award

From the article:

"the following realistic returnees would be likely Wooden Award candidates for 2021-22..."

I agree with the article--TJD was not a likely returnee. BTW, he is also as good or better than everyone on their list of Wooden Award candidates. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Not to get caught up on this but it is TRASH that TJD's name is not in this article. I guess they assumed he was leaving. Only explanation. 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/page/Wooden040221/wooden-watch-early-favorites-2022-wooden-award

That’s obviously why he’s not on the list. He’ll be on it tomorrow. 

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

Amen Stu. He met with them individually Monday. If he doesn't hear Monday (sounds like he is meeting with them) I say goodbye. 

I give them until 5:00 pm today to get with the program.  Then I move on.  

Just now, Chris007 said:

I'm told we will be getting an announcement from a left PG very soon about coming back

You are the man!!! 
Love that TJD is coming back and giving it another season under CMW! This will benefit all parties involved, and will really help ease this first year for Coach. Can’t wait for the season to get here!

I wonder if woodson gave him a pitch if bringing in another true 5 so that he can work more off the block to get the other things he needs for the next level. I think the best thing for him this summer is to work on a 15 foot jumper.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk