Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Trayce Jackson-Davis Announces Return to Indiana Basketball (QUOTES IN OP)

No reason we can't be a tournament team next year. With as bad as last year was, we were solidly in the field until the late-season collapse. Trayce coming back + Parker + a few transfers + improved coaching and we should be in. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

No reason we can't be a tournament team next year. With as bad as last year was, we were solidly in the field until the late-season collapse. Trayce coming back + Parker + a few transfers + improved coaching and we should be in. 

Yes, pending the rest of the roster moves of course, Woodson might have decent - high expectations first season.

Whether that's a good thing or bad thing, I don't know. He might get a fair shot at making the dance next year. 

If Franklin and Lander comes back and we add a stretch 4 who is like 6'9 and another shooter we should be in good shape.  If you look at what some of the top teams in the league could lose then we could be in good shape competing in the big ten.

Love this.  I also think TJD and Duncomb both benefit from this.  Duncomb and go against one of the best big men in the B1G and hopefully Duncomb can provide quality sub time to TJD during games.  All of this said with the assumption of no Brunk.

Only negative I see with this post from TJD is that he left no doubt this would be his last year by his comments. Although it’s pretty much assumed it would be, I hate hearing people say things as absolutes because you just never know. But extremely excited he is doing what is truely a good thing for his future by returning next year. 

1 minute ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Only negative I see with this post from TJD is that he left no doubt this would be his last year by his comments. Although it’s pretty much assumed it would be, I hate hearing people say things as absolutes because you just never know. But extremely excited he is doing what is truely a good thing for his future by returning next year. 

Just because he said that now doesn't mean he can't change his mind.  Remember, he supposedly told people he was only going to play for 2 years.......he changed his mind on that one.  I've learned, the hard way. never say never ;)

2 minutes ago, cleeter said:

It has to help with Lander too. He specifically said he reclassified and came to IU early to play with Trayce. Always saying they could be deadly in the pick and roll. So to give him another year with Trayce has to be huge in his decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was surprising to see Archie run the PnR with Lander / Race more than TJD and Lander.  Lander and Race had some nice little chemistry. 

My only judgement with the PnR's with Race instead of Trace would be TJD's inability to shoot. Defenders could be play drop coverage with no shooting threat between Lander and TJD lol 

Here's to more PnR's with Lander / TJD this year clearing out a single - side! 

This is huge for Trayce and Indiana. I counted and only 14 IU players have ever been a two-time All-American. Trayce can be 15. He has the potentially to be one of the best players at Indiana. He also has a chance to improve his draft stock and earn his degree (it's possible in 3 years). I also think this is his way of telling the other guys publicly to come back. I have to think this impacts Franklin's decision.