Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

CBB: Roy Williams Retires from UNC

Someone should go look and see how many guys on the UNC staff didn't play or go to school at UNC. I'll save you the time. The answer is 2 and they've both been with Roy or UNC for a long time. 

Someone should go look and see how many guys on the UNC staff didn't play or go to school at UNC. I'll save you the time. The answer is 2 and they've both been with Roy or UNC for a long time. 

So are one of them likely candidates

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

13 minutes ago, Trish said:

Would this board collapse if Brad Stevens goes there? 

Dude didn't want to be here. he was offered significantly more money and said no. I don't give a shilt where he coaches if it isn't IU. Actually, it would be a bit gratifying to see him go there and be just average.

I originally thought Brad was the only coach who could unite the fan base. But after seeing what Woody has done, knowing our history, and being one of us I think he's the one for the job. Just my opinion but just feel really good about Woody

Was hoping it was something repulsive - like he really is a patriots fan

It did seem with him Indiana was an option but for Woody it is a passion. Both could have worked but when the recruiting grind kicks in passion will be a better fuel even at 63

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I will be a skeptic on this all day long.  I can't believe for a minute that this kind of an announcement would be made on April Fool's Day.

It’s front and center on ESPN. 

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I originally thought Brad was the only coach who could unite the fan base. But after seeing what Woody has done, knowing our history, and being one of us I think he's the one for the job. Just my opinion but just feel really good about Woody

WHAT ABOUT US FANS WHO ARE 12?!?!?

1 minute ago, Trish said:

WHAT ABOUT US FANS WHO ARE 12?!?!?

I have supreme confidence in you figuring it all out. One of my favorite lyrics

Once in a while, you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right

9 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

This will be an interesting search. They can honestly get just about anyone they want. They have much more pull than the Indiana job. 

Do they?  I think we are about to find out.

I'm thinking they're looking to hire a

• Very experienced,
  • Very energetic,
  • Fairly young coach, say in his mid-50's with
  • NBA and college high-level background and
  • The ability to run an dynamic practice and
  • Grind hard on the recruiting trail,
  • While possessing sage wisdom:

The solution? Co-coaches Larry Brown and Wes Miller--average age 58.     (80+36)

You're welcome UNC--I'll expect my consulting fee in the mail.

I work with a UNC grad in his early 60’s, lives in Chapel Hill, fanatic, gets good freebie tickets due to connections, respects IU program (he grew up when we were good) etc etc. When I told him we had a shot at Brad he said that was their dream candidate to take over for Roy. I was shocked to hear him say that. I highly doubt it will happen, as I think Brad has proven to be a NBA guy, but I found it interesting/surprising.

EDIT: when I said Brad was “their” dream candidate I was referring to him and his fellow UNC grad buddies....not “insiders” tied in with the UNC athletic department.

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

Isn't Hubert Davis considered the "coach in waiting" there? 

It's possible. It'll be a UNC guy the question is just which one.