Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Next Year’s Roster

Isn’t that machine terrible for your knees? I know I avoid it, but I generally avoid the machines anyway. 

For young, healthy joints, no as long as you aren’t doing markedly heavy weight. Judging by his rep rhythm the weight wasn’t overly intense which is why he was able to pause and squeeze at the top of each rep. It’s a good way to isolate for quad development as long as your loading scheme is appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Haven't been as active on here the last few days. Wife and I welcomed our baby girl into this world this morning! I am super pumped about the addition of Tamar and Miller. I think both have a massive impact on the team next year. Tamar is a steal. I think he can be this teams best player in a few seasons. Miller is the kind of player IU has needed lately. I'll see how the dominoes fall in the B1G but I really do think IU has a chance next year to be very good. I think for now the IU news is going to slow down. I have a big recruiting battle of my own-my wife is a UK fan. Going to have to convince by daughter to root for IU!!! 

It's rare that a guy hears this, but it appears that SHE married up.

Congrats on the baby girl!

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

It's rare that a guy hears this, but it appears that SHE married up.

Congrats on the baby girl!

Our house is rough when UK loses haha. When they lost to UE a few years ago and Auburn in the Elite 8...woof. Thankfully she pretty much gave up hope in December this year and we didn't have to watch them. Unfortunately IU wasn't much better.  

30 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Decent writeup but I think it's a bit off on the "power forward" analysis, it's more of a traditional analysis than a 4-out. Will be interesting to see how Woodson implements his offense at IU. 

10 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Decent writeup but I think it's a bit off on the "power forward" analysis, it's more of a traditional analysis than a 4-out. Will be interesting to see how Woodson implements his offense at IU. 

That's an interesting take since the entire analysis is basically -- either Race makes 3s or he can't play the 4.

39 minutes ago, Mike Schumann said:

That's an interesting take since the entire analysis is basically -- either Race makes 3s or he can't play the 4.

Good with Race, but there are other guys not included who can play within a 4-out. It's a "power forward" breakdown. It doesn't look at incorporating more small ball sets such as using Stewart, Galloway or Leal. It's a height-based look. Galloway's strength is downhill attacks and finishing at the rim, we all know he needs to develop a jumper but he could potentially flourish with shooters around him. Stewart and Leal are 6'5 shooters. I'd bet on seeing some true small-ball lineups, this writeup just doesn't look at guys under 6'7 except Geronimo because of his obvious athleticism. 

17 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Our house is rough when UK loses haha. When they lost to UE a few years ago and Auburn in the Elite 8...woof. Thankfully she pretty much gave up hope in December this year and we didn't have to watch them. Unfortunately IU wasn't much better.  

Did she hide this while you were dating? Might have been a deal-breaker for me. Definitely would have been a red flag. Just kidding, congrats on the new baby. Enjoy this time, it will go fast. 

2 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Good with Race, but there are other guys not included who can play within a 4-out. It's a "power forward" breakdown. It doesn't look at incorporating more small ball sets such as using Stewart, Galloway or Leal. It's a height-based look. Galloway's strength is downhill attacks and finishing at the rim, we all know he needs to develop a jumper but he could potentially flourish with shooters around him. Stewart and Leal are 6'5 shooters. I'd bet on seeing some true small-ball lineups, this writeup just doesn't look at guys under 6'7 except Geronimo because of his obvious athleticism. 

So you think with Race, Geronimo, Kopp and Hunter on the roster, there are going to be meaningful segments where none of them are on the floor and IU is going to opt for four guys 6-5 and under? You could be right, but I am not seeing it.

21 minutes ago, Mike Schumann said:

So you think with Race, Geronimo, Kopp and Hunter on the roster, there are going to be meaningful segments where none of them are on the floor and IU is going to opt for four guys 6-5 and under? You could be right, but I am not seeing it.

Not following you. Among several available possible lineups -- TJD, Galloway, Stewart, Rob, Johnson / TJD, Stewart, Johnson, Rob, Lander etc. etc. Not getting your pushback. The team will run multiple lineups, as usual except under CAM, with multiple looks. We have depth, as in actual depth, and in a 4-out we're not talking traditional power forward/center lineups, that's the point, more guys can run at what this piece is defining as the "power forward" spot. So Baylor started a 6'10 forward and basically 4 guards. All I'm saying is the article is looking a the "4" as a traditional PF, that's limiting, we're going to see a lot of lineups and I'd bet on some pure small ball sets.