Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Next Year’s Roster

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Also one last thing, he's hitting them in practice right now because there are no games to be played. Practice is the only place to hit them for the next 5 months

You would think Matta would have lined us up some competition by now.

www.firethadmatta.com

4 hours ago, Artie86 said:

Impressive! however, I'd like it even more if he hit those 20/21 3's under pressure, hand in his face and coming off a screen.

He most likely made them with someone passing him a ball sort of like " around the world"....

Look at it this way: if a player can hit 95% of his 3s in practice, he should be capable of hitting a high percentage of them in a game. Not 95%, obviously, but 40%+ seems reasonable. If he was only hitting 40% of his attempts while wide open, unrushed, and without any pressure during practice it would be very unreasonable to expect 40% in a game.

So it shows that he can shoot, he just needs to do that during games. His freshman year shooting percentage was pretty good so that shows he can hit during games. It went down his sophomore season but I think he had to create a lot of his own shots.

Okay I missed the lineup game earlier so I’m going to play now. I’ll use the current roster, so while I think it’s possible or even likely that at least one player not currently on the roster starts, this is my prediction based on what we actually know now:

X, Rob, Stewart, Race, TJD.

Some thoughts on how I got there and the bench etc.

-I think right now, X, Stewart, and TJD are shoe-ins, probably Race, too.

-This can let Rob do what he’s done well: catch-and-shoot, mark the opponent’s best guard, move the ball, occasionally push off a steal. It can minimize what he’s struggled with.

-It’s possible Rob is actually your third ball-handler here. Stewart is probably stretched as a PG but I think he can excel in a secondary ball-handling role.

-Can Race hit ~33-35% on catch-and-shoot threes? If so this can work with some spacing. He’s probably the primary backup 5, too.

-Lander, Hunter, and Geronimo are probably next in line, absent any upcoming new arrivals. I wouldn’t be shocked if any of them starts, or earns a spot by the end of the year. In some ways they’re all ideal big minute bench players at this point.

-the other underclassmen all have skills that could get them time IF they shore up weaknesses or they’re put in spots they can succeed.

-if I had to guess generally on other additions, I would guess one more frosh and one transfer or two transfers. Someone who can play 2-3 and another at 4-5 would make sense, though you could slide each down one (1-2 and 3-4). No insight, just needs

Time to update. I'll be nice today and will assume Rob find's Jesus this summer.

Johnson / Kristian

Rob / Tamar

Parker / Leal

Race / Hunter

TJD / Jordan

Woodson will stagger line ups so we have more traditional 4-1. Odd men out? Luke & Trey.

2 minutes ago, Trish said:

Time to update. I'll be nice today and will assume Rob find's Jesus this summer.

Johnson / Kristian

Rob / Tamar

Parker / Leal

Race / Hunter

TJD / Jordan

Woodson will stagger line ups so we have more traditional 4-1. Odd men out? Luke & Trey.

Luke Recker? 

will update this list as guys re commit, commit, or transfer out. Woody and company now have 1 available scholarship 1 to play with and no players left in the portal. IU will have a max of 13 scholarship players since Joey Brunk has left the program. 

1. Rob Phinisee 6'1 187

2. Khristian Lander 6'2 185

3. Xavier Johnson 6'3 200

4. Trey Galloway 6'4 210

5. Parker Stewart 6'5 200

6. Anthony Leal 6'5 210

7. Tamar Bates 6'5 180 

8. Jordan Geronimo 6'6 220

9. Jerome Hunter 6'7 215

10. Race Thompson 6'8 228

11. Trayce Jackson-Davis 6'9 245

12. Logan Duncomb 6'9 230

13. TBD

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

will update this list as guys re commit, commit, or transfer out. Woody and company now have 1 available scholarship 1 to play with and no players left in the portal. IU will have a max of 13 scholarship players since Joey Brunk has left the program. 

1. Rob Phinisee 6'1 187

4. Trey Galloway 6'4 210

6. Anthony Leal 6'5 210

7. Tamar Bates 6'5 180 

9. Jerome Hunter 6'7 215

10. Race Thompson 6'8 228

11. Trayce Jackson-Davis 6'9 245

13. TBD

Roster is looking strong — staff is getting it done fast 

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

Logan grew another inch over the Basketball season, pretty sure he was listed at 6'10 240 

From Moeller's website: 

NAME: Logan Duncomb
SCHOOL: Moeller High School
SPORT(S): Basketball
GRADUATING YEAR: 2021
GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT: Winning Ohio state championship
BIRTHDATE: 4/17/2003
HEIGHT: 6'10"-240 lbs.
RESIDENCE: Mason
PARENTS: Brandon & Erin
BIGGEST INFLUENCE: Dad
FUTURE GOAL: Play in the NBA

11 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Logan grew another inch over the Basketball season, pretty sure he was listed at 6'10 240 

From Moeller's website: 

NAME: Logan Duncomb
SCHOOL: Moeller High School
SPORT(S): Basketball
GRADUATING YEAR: 2021
GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT: Winning Ohio state championship
BIRTHDATE: 4/17/2003
HEIGHT: 6'10"-240 lbs.
RESIDENCE: Mason
PARENTS: Brandon & Erin
BIGGEST INFLUENCE: Dad
FUTURE GOAL: Play in the NBA

I'd be surprised if he's that when IU puts his height and weight on their roster. Most high schools like to exaggerate. 

14 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I'd be surprised if he's that when IU puts his height and weight on their roster. Most high schools like to exaggerate. 

Colleges do that too. Ever see some of the "official" measurements from NBA combines? Funny how so many kids suddenly lose an inch or two or three when measured by the NBA.

This is my thought Today...lol

1.lander,XJ(split time)

2.Stewart,Bates(split time)

3.Hunter,Leal(split time)

4.Kopp,Race(split time)

5.TJD,LoganD (split time)

Hunter /Kopp who is more a 3?

Geronimo Rob Galloway -have to be able to score to play so if they can find their mojo.... love all 3 of these guys and haven’t seen any play from bates,xj,Stewart. All I can say is we are close to having platoon team.

I realize Kopp isn’t on the team But I think he will be

This is my thought Today...lol
1.lander,XJ(split time)
2.Stewart,Bates(split time)
3.Hunter,Leal(split time)
4.Kopp,Race(split time)
5.TJD,LoganD (split time)
Hunter /Kopp who is more a 3?
Geronimo Rob Galloway -have to be able to score to play so if they can find their mojo.... love all 3 of these guys and haven’t seen any play from bates,xj,Stewart. All I can say is we are close to having platoon team.
I realize Kopp isn’t on the team But I think he will be

No way it works out like that. Best players will separate. TJD already has. He’ll play 33-35 min. This will happen at other positions too. Or it should. 8 or 9 will get good minutes at most.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

59 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

No way it works out like that. Best players will separate. TJD already has. He’ll play 33-35 min. This will happen at other positions too. Or it should. 8 or 9 will get good minutes at most.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I wasn’t saying 50/50 time in most cases it will be like you say. I just think the 10 I put in there will get the minutes. Sorry it did look like I was saying 50/50

Johnson / Kristian

Rob / Tamar

Parker / Hunter

Race / Kopp

TJD / Jordan

Starting Line-Up: Gives us the most experienced, perhaps one of the better defensive line-ups. Race needs to be able to stretch the floor and continue to play that dunker spot. Parker, Rob, and Johnson need to hit 3's. 

Odd men out: Trey, Leal, & Logan. 

Just now, Trish said:

Johnson / Kristian

Rob / Tamar

Parker / Hunter

Race / Kopp

TJD / Jordan

Starting Line-Up: Gives us the most experienced, perhaps one of the better defensive line-ups. Race needs to be able to stretch the floor and continue to play that dunker spot. Parker, Rob, and Johnson need to hit 3's. 

Odd men out: Trey, Leal, & Logan. 

I think something went very wrong if Jordan is our backup center next year

Just now, Unexpectedflash said:

I think something went very wrong if Jordan is our backup center next year

He'd be a great small ball center. I assume Woody will stagger line-ups so I imagine we won't see a single line-up without at least one starter. Race and Jordan small ball line-ups with shooters around them intrigues me. 

will update this list as guys re commit, commit, or transfer out. Woody and company now have 0 available scholarships for 2021-2022 as the roster is now filled. 

1. Rob Phinisee 6'1 187

4. Trey Galloway 6'4 210

6. Anthony Leal 6'5 210

7. Tamar Bates 6'5 180 

9. Jerome Hunter 6'7 215

10. Miller Kopp 6'7 215

11. Race Thompson 6'8 228

12. Trayce Jackson-Davis 6'9 245