Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Don Fischer & Mike Woodson Interview (TONIGHT @7:30)

You know...one of the biggest complaints I've heard so far about Woodson involves his demeanor. That's just ridiculous. I'd rather have a low-key guy that can relate to the kids and show them a path to becoming a good, decent person. That's what we lost (no offense to Crean..who I think genuinely cared about his players, but was just too intense). To me, that's what has always made Indiana special. It's not just basketball. We use the sport to make meaningful changes in the lives of these players. That's why we needed to go down this road again... because if we pursue the things we used to...the kids are better off and the success will be like picking persimmons off the ground in September.

16 minutes ago, Myrmidon76 said:

You know...one of the biggest complaints I've heard so far about Woodson involves his demeanor. That's just ridiculous. I'd rather have a low-key guy that can relate to the kids and show them a path to becoming a good, decent person. That's what we lost (no offense to Crean..who I think genuinely cared about his players, but was just too intense). To me, that's what has always made Indiana special. It's not just basketball. We use the sport to make meaningful changes in the lives of these players. That's why we needed to go down this road again... because if we pursue the things we used to...the kids are better off and the success will be like picking persimmons off the ground in September.

Bob Knight wasn’t personable unless you “got” him and respected him.  For such a prick he made a gym full of kids at every camp both laugh and listen to everything that I was a part of.  Those 3x3 tournaments on AH (if you made finals) were some of my best childhood memories.  I don’t give a damn if a coach does cartwheels on the sideline in a clown mask.  Give me someone that can get through to kids consistently and can explain elementary basketball knowledge when they need it.  What I like about his ex players is they trusted and respected Coach.  That says a lot.  Our language is basketball and to some recruiting.  Speak our language, and own up to your mistakes or shortcomings, and we will love him.  So will the players.  If you try and bs us or try and talk to this fanbase like we are stupid it won’t end well for you.  I think that shouldn’t be an issue here.

15 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Woody might not be as low key as we think...

Sounds like he can have an edge to him if you poke at him...

What the...I understand the journalist was probably trying to come off as humorous, but it seems that he's still upset over Woody allegedly using a loud voice with him 15 years ago. Yeesh.