Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iu-dl

World Wide Wes

People are making a huge deal about Coach Woodson being connected at the hip to “World Wide Wes”. I don’t know much about the guy, but lots of buzz that he’s connected to players and their families as far back as Jordan, and this includes nearly every elite youngster to make it to the NBA. The guy is some sort of basketball networking magician. And…close buddies with Woodson. It sounds like this could be a recruiting cheat code. Know anything about him? If so, please share: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Wesley

They were on staff together with the Knicks this year.

More importantly, Jay Will and Greenburg made it seem like they go way back. Which isn't surprising since WWW knows everyone in the league and Woody has been there for 40 years. 

I am going to be honest, I know nothing about this guy or what he brings to the table but apparently he is super connected. If he's willing to help Woodson out than that would be great since it seems like every basketball player of note is aware of him as well as several just celebrity figures in general...

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

When he was connected to Calipari at Kentucky, he was always described as proof that Cal was cheating.  Now he's a good guy?

only slow learners ever thought he was a bad guy

23 minutes ago, Josh said:

When he was connected to Calipari at Kentucky, he was always described as proof that Cal was cheating.  Now he's a good guy?

The first person Anthony Davis ran to after the clock hit 00:00 in the championship game.. not any teammates, not his coach, not relatives but... WWW.  What did Davis get paid to go to puke?  $200,000?

To be honest I have no problem with football and basketball players being adequately compensated for their contributions to the university’s revenue. Especially when none of the powers that be seen to care and the morality of making players play for free is becoming more ambiguous every year. 

Good dude to have on your side if you want to win.  Recruiting is a game of relationships and very few people have more relationships than WWW.  Been that way since the late 80s or early 90s.  I know Dajuan Wagner at Memphis was the first kid WWW helped Cal with.  That dude should have been an absolute stud in the NBA.  Pretty much any other name kid for about 10-15 years after was associated with WWW.  

8 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Welcome to going 5 to 10 mph over the speed limit folks.

Best way to put it honestly.  Sometimes you have to hit 75 in a 60 to get where you are going.  I truly think Archie was willing to play in the gray, but when your teams look like dogshit it’s still a dog eat dog business.  Bye bye relationships.  

31 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

The first person Anthony Davis ran to after the clock hit 00:00 in the championship game.. not any teammates, not his coach, not relatives but... WWW.  What did Davis get paid to go to puke?  $200,000?

Oh yeah...I forgot about that.  Now WWW is a friend of our program?  Yippee ki yay