Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs Arizona - NCAA - 3/29/21 @ 9:00 ET on ESPN

Just now, TheWatShot said:

What sucks about this is that we had a very real shot to make the Final Four, and that's not something we can take for granted no matter how good we are. Next year, we could be a 2 seed and be in UConn's region. 

We’re losing our leader this year.  But we get a McDonald all American in the second year? We can make another deep run in 2 years

2 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

We’re losing our leader this year.  But we get a McDonald all American in the second year? We can make another deep run in 2 years

Who’s the McDonald’s AA? Recruit or current player?

Great season! As I was afraid of depth caught up with us. When starters play 35+ min because you have zero bench, eventually you get tired legs as happened last 5 min. 

We need Berger to be able to develop her three point shot. She is killer from mid-range, but if she could only become just as strong from a few feet further back, she could develop a truly deadly inside-outside combo with Holmes.

Expectations have now changed, but don't be surprised if we become similar to Iowa as a top half Big Ten team that gets to the tourney ever year and occasionally makes a Sweet 16 or Elite 8. Even if we run this back next year, there is no guarantee we get this far as tourney takes a lot of luck.

This program feels like it is solid to be similar to IU baseball as an upper tier Big Ten team that makes tourney every year. From there anything can happen. 

Don't expect us to be making regular Final Four runs, but to be like Iowa and for Teri Moren to become as successful as Lisa Bluder would be amazing.

Thanks for a fantastic season and its the most enjoyable I have had for an IU team of any kind since 2014 baseball (I expect soccer to have the elite seasons they do so I place them in a different category).

At the end of the press conference, the NCAA announced the Mercado Region all tournament team. Grace Berger and MacKenzie Holmes were both named to the team, along with Boyd from NC State, Nixon from Texas A&M.  McDonald was named most outstanding  player. 

Congratulations to Grace and Mack and a most appreciative thank you to all the IU women for an exciting season.

Edited by Todd41

Wow, Arizona is gonna beat the Genos. 

Now, I can't help but think: Coulda that been us? 

They weren't that much better than us -- just hit some 3s while we couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. 

Can you imagine playing against Stanford and Tara VanDerveer -- a former Hoosier -- for the national title! 

Oh, what might have been ... 

On 4/2/2021 at 11:34 PM, LamarCheeks said:

Wow, Arizona is gonna beat the Genos. 

Now, I can't help but think: Coulda that been us? 

They weren't that much better than us -- just hit some 3s while we couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. 

Can you imagine playing against Stanford and Tara VanDerveer -- a former Hoosier -- for the national title! 

Oh, what might have been ... 

Oh how bad did we need a three point sniper!