Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs Arizona - NCAA - 3/29/21 @ 9:00 ET on ESPN

1 minute ago, kreigh8 said:

In the refs defense they could have easily given IU a T for a player leaving the bench but Baptiste should have been given something

One of their players left the bench as well, across the court to come to the play. 

Great season ladies, truly special and one to keep building on. 
Sadly that terrible banked 3, failure to call a tech, and a million missed moving screens really hurt IU. Feel terrible for our Hoosiers as they fought hard, but extremely difficult to win when the refs are calling the game exactly with Arizona’s style of play.

Just now, Banksyrules said:

Usually I root for the team that beat us but not this time.  McDonald is legit but everyone else played thug basketball. 

She is a heck of a baller but will need to learn to go to her right to be successful beyond college.

Actually really frustrated for our Hoosiers tonight. Arizona made more plays, but it’s just frustrating watching a team get away with shoving like crazy and so many illegal screens. Hard to win when that’s the case. 
Hate blaming the refs, but feel for our Hoosiers. 
Anyway, amazing season and can’t wait to watch the future of this program!

6 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

One of their players left the bench as well, across the court to come to the play. 

I missed that so I’ll take your word for it.

Great season though from the ladies. Hope they can build into a national powerhouse

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Despite the outcome tonight this has been a special season for IUWBB and no reason to think that next year won't be special as well.  

Will any of the seniors come back for another year?  If not, Guble/Holmes/Berger is still a pretty good three.

Ugh so bummed for our ladies.  I think our game with NCstate made them lose a step.  Coach is a star but I hope she learned some valuable lessons today as well.  I just felt if we subbed our #4 earlier we would have had a better outcome. Our sub was doing a way better job defending her.