Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs Arizona - NCAA - 3/29/21 @ 9:00 ET on ESPN

So proud of what these women have accomplished.

No. 4 Indiana will play for a spot in the Final Four on Monday night when it faces No. 3 seed Arizona. Tipoff at the Alamodome is set for 9 p.m. ET on ESPN.

NO. 4 INDIANA (20-5) VS. NO. 3 ARIZONA
Saturday, March 27, 2021 • 9 p.m. ET • NCAA Tournament Regional Semifinal
Broadcast: ESPN (Beth Mowins, Debbie Antonelli, LaChina Robinson)
Radio
Live Stats: NCAA.com

ABOUT THE WILDCATS
Arizona also advances to its first Elite Eight in school history as it posted wins over Stony Brook, BYU and Texas A&M. They are led by All-American senior guard Aari McDonald who averages 19.8 points and 4.2 assists per game. Junior forward Cate Reese adds 11.4 points and 5.4 rebounds per game. The Wildcats are averaging 66.8 points per game and shooting 41.5 percent from the floor.

NOTES

The Hoosiers advance to its first NCAA Elite Eight after defeating NC State, 73-70, on Saturday night. All five starters scored in double figures behind 17 points from senior guard Ali Patberg.

Through three games in the NCAA Tournament, three Hoosiers are averaging double figures led by junior guard Grace Berger with 16.3 points per game while Patberg adds 15.1 points and sophomore forward Mackenzie Holmes adds 14.3 points per game.

Junior forward Aleksa Gulbe paces the Hoosiers on the glass in their tournament run, with 11.7 boards per game.

With the win on Saturday night, senior guard Keyanna Warthen became the program's all-time winningest player with 89 career victories. The record was previously held by Kym Royster (2014-18).

Indiana is now 6-6 all-time in the NCAA Tournament with five of IU's six wins belonging to seventh year head coach Teri Moren.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

No. 4 Indiana will play for a spot in the Final Four on Monday night when it faces No. 3 seed Arizona. Tipoff at the Alamodome is set for 9 p.m. ET on ESPN.

Your title says otherwise ;)

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

You lost me.  If I have something wrong I'll surely correct it.

The game is on ESPN, the title says BTN unless they're having a non-O$U related watch along for the 1st time ever.

I’ve seen the Arizona and Texas A&M game three times.  Arizona has the same gritty defense as we do, but I think we might have a slight edge in athleticism and our center is crafty enough to make more noise.  We’ll definitely have a fair shot at it.  

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Friggin’ bandwagoners. I guess I’ll let them join tonight. 

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Oh ye of 72 hours of fandom!   lol

He’s got me beat by 71.5 hrs. I’ll be tuning in tonight. (I watched a bunch of games when Tyra was here, but kinda lost interest after) 

While we're killing time waiting for our Hoosiers to play, the women's transfer portal is now over 650.  Mildly interesting to me that neither Danielle Patterson nor Jaelynn Penn have entered the portal after opting out of the season earlier in the year.  Maybe just waiting for the IU season to officially end to announce or still a possibility they return next year.