Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

12 minutes ago, Demo said:

Yup. Wish he’d actually wanted the Mizzou job. Would love to root for him. 

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Lol…I almost posted “he’s an easy guy to root for” and then I caught myself just in time.

While I hate PU as a rivalry, growing up in Indy for 25ish years, and living away from Indy for 25ish years, has softened my hate a bit. I'll always hate them as a rival, but have a ton of friends and family that went to both IU and PU (and ND). When I went to IU, my PU buds would be down to B-Town at least once a month. I rarely went up lol... One of my cousins (a prof) is retiring from PU. My best friend is a PU fan.... That said, still hate them on the court, but I have a respect for them. And I've always liked Painter as a guy. I'll cheer for PU/Painter to beat all but a handful of teams nationally. And my PU buds do the same for IU. I guess that happens when you grow up in IN and get older lol.

Looking forward to an IU win over PU so I can finally amp the rivalry back up with the buds and fam. I'm tired of them feeling sorry for me lol. 

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Woody and staff getting it done

I've noticed Dane is really involved with coaching during the games. Much more so that Kenya or Ya.

OT but don't ya hate it when you look at a statue of an icon who always seemed like sort of an old man to you growing up until you reach an age when the icon begins to appear young to you? It really hits when a guy like Abe Lincoln begins to look like sort of a younger guy to you. If you are not there yet, wait, and I guess hope you live to see the day! And if you can relate, it is not so bad to know it could be worse, assuming it is worse to never live to know the feeling! Ah, the blessings..., and the wisdom it takes to ponder such high thoughts lol.

On 1/7/2022 at 4:32 PM, Stuhoo said:

Eddie Johnson had a 17 year NBA career, averaging 16 ppg and scored over 19,000 points. For the past 20 years he’s been the announcer for the Phoenix Suns.

He just had a Twitter exchange with noted basketball genius Jeff Goodman:

Eddie knows basketball like only an experienced insider can. Goodman got classy. Good stuff for sure:

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Bump—

People that are truly inside basketball saw this coming from a mile away.

It is a blessing that his heart has always been in Indiana.

Love having an Indiana guy at the helm. Not a prerequisite for me, but it’s nice.