Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Either way, lots of old people who just want to sit down like they're at home. It's pretty annoying. 

Just a different crowd with students on break. Can’t expect a grayer and more seasoned crowd to replicate a student section, but that’s why they play schools like Jackson State for those games.

I love this.  This...this is why Woodson is a good coach and one of the zillion reasons Archie was garbage.
[/url]  

Love this..

Although our junior AA should have this in his bag of trucks and use it often. If he uses that counter 1-2 times a game he’s going to have the defense scrambling. The other issue in that footage is having poor spacing. Not 1 but 2 Wiscy defenders came to stop TJD and the pass out was easy to close out. We should have had a shooter moving to the corner immediately after the pass to the post.

It still baffles me we have someone cut to the paint on a post entry. In reality, it’s more like a slow jog to bring another defender closer to TJD. This is bad basketball!!

I’d like to see Race cutting hard off a 2 or 3 screen on the top of the key. The 2 or 3 moving to the strong side.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

16 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

It still baffles me we have someone cut to the paint on a post entry. In reality, it’s more like a slow jog to bring another defender closer to TJD. This is bad basketball!!

This bothers me too. It's a bit too reminiscent of Archie Miller's offense where we'd set a ball screen to have the point guard drive, only to have a teammate on the block and just dribble back out. Hope this gets corrected. 

26 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Eddie Johnson had a 17 year NBA career, averaging 16 ppg and scored over 19,000 points. For the past 20 years he’s been the announcer for the Phoenix Suns.

He just had a Twitter exchange with noted basketball genius Jeff Goodman:

Jeff Goodman SUCKS. 

25 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Jeff Goodman SUCKS. 

The replies are kind of entertaining:

They lost 3 road games. Which hundreds of past college teams who've gone on to make the NCAA tournament, and did well, have done. Your comment provides zero incite to anything other than your disdain for Indiana basketball.

Man, you guys want to see him and Indiana fail.

Jeff’s parents failed him- Siblings should never reproduce- bless his little heart IU looks like they should or could have won every game with a new coach and 3 new players on the team who are also starters - I would say so far so good - plus STRONG first year recruit class

Let the hate rain..

One game doesn’t make or break whether a coach was the “correct” choice for a school. Calling for every doubter to take back questions after a win is idiotic. I guess that’s the point of the Twitterverse. I hope Woody wins every game as the IU coach but until there is sustained success I’ll have my doubts.

Goodman is still an asshat.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

23 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Let the hate rain..

One game doesn’t make or break whether a coach was the “correct” choice for a school. Calling for every doubter to take back questions after a win is idiotic. I guess that’s the point of the Twitterverse. I hope Woody wins every game as the IU coach but until there is sustained success I’ll have my doubts.

No hate…But that’s why he’s an asshat.

Eddie Johnson is quite likely a friend of Woody’s. Why does Goodman need to take a Tweet from a friend of Woody’s and dump on its complimentary nature?

Because Goodman is an asshat. 

22 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Let the hate rain..

Calling a new coach out in the first place before that coach stepped foot on campus and coached any games could be called idiotic as well.   But as you said that’s the point of Twitter.   Mission Accomplished for Goodman though.   He knows which fan bases to rattle and keeps himself in the minds of college basketball fans.  Not a bad way to sell your new college pod casting business then to fight with certain fan bases with big followings on Twitter. 
He actually doesn’t hate IU as much as IU fans want to believe he just does this with certain fan bases.    He had  Woody on one of his shows and IU is on the short of schools for his daughter.   

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Calling a new coach out in the first place before that coach stepped foot on campus and coached any games could be called idiotic as well.   But as you said that’s the point of Twitter.   Mission Accomplished for Goodman though.   He knows which fan bases to rattle and keeps himself in the minds of college basketball fans.  Not a bad way to sell your new college pod casting business then to fight with certain fan bases with big followings on Twitter. 
He actually doesn’t hate IU as much as IU fans want to believe he just does this with certain fan bases.    He had  Woody on one of his shows and IU is on the short of schools for his daughter.   

All true, but making a living by trolling and pissing people off is kinda pathetic.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

All true, but making a living by trolling and pissing people off is kinda pathetic.

The fact that he can make a living by trolling fan bases and following college basketball is crazy.   When he isn’t trolling fan bases he is actually pretty entertaining to follow.  His podcast with Hummel is must listen.   Field of 68 has taken off and has been really successful.  Props to him and Dauster.   Guyton works for them 

Thanks for sharing @Uspshoosier

Not going to lie, I don't expect overnight success. 2 things however give me comfort. First, the admin seem to be prioritizing things differently, and going all in, or at least a lot more, in.... But most important, Woody's love for, and connection to, the program. We've been missing that for a long time. It's personal for him. And I'd add a third, which is somewhat tied to #2 (connection). Having the ability to bridge the old IU (BK and general IU History) and the new (NBA) is just a rarity that can only help. 

Bad culture and losing take time to overcome. Not sure how all this turns out, but I'm optimistic for now.