Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

1 hour ago, PB1230 said:

I feel like Robert's admin job was wholly created to just to give him something so he wasn't technically out of a job since he wasn't going to be retained as an assistant, out of respect as a former player. I'm sure that Robert's plan was always to leave, but with a job in hand, he could at least be selective with his next coaching job.

I wonder if Roberts was the backup plan if both Fife and Lewis had declined an assistant job.  It's certainly possible that Woody wanted one spot on the bench reserved for a former IU player.

I'd posted awhile back about my cousin, Kim Kohlmeier, receiving the Clevenger award. He was the senior manager of the team during the '76 season, and has maintained a lot of ties with IU and alumni. I talked w/ him earlier this week- he said that he went to see Coach Woodson. He walked by the office and CMW yelled "Kimbo! Get over here!", gave him a big hug. Kim said they sat and talked for awhile, that CMW is truly excited about the progression of the culture and the amount of talent he has. CMW has wanted to be the coach at IU, and he's absolutely thrilled with how everyone has bought in to the mission.  I asked Kim how he interacted with Archie Miller, he said that CAM was very distant and not interactive. Said that alumni didn't get the vibe that CAM wanted anything to do with the history and heritage.  Nothing that is ground breaking or behind the scenes, just thought it was really cool. Makes me even more excited to see how we do.  It's one thing to see CMW being excited and confident in interviews and pressers, but another to know that he's legit that way with an old friend!

I grew up and went to school with his niece. She describes Kim as “That man lives and breathes IU. So much knowledge and contribution. He’s lived there since high school. Basically a 60 yr old frat boy lol”. He used to pull her out of school around lunch time to go to campus and walk around and go to a game. I was always so jealous.

Rumor has it after an Iowa game once, Kim was late getting back to the bus and Coach Knight left him in Iowa and he had to find a way back to Bloomington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

This is going to sound really stupid, so just disregard, but I’m going to write it anyways: 

After the last twenty years, if we’re going to be bad we might as well get a few good interviews and Knight stories out of it. I’m not saying Woody won’t succeed, but if he doesn’t his “floor” has a little charm to it at least.  

Each new coach brings the optimism out and the promise of glory. But this is a little different. I haven’t so much enjoyed the dreams of the future as I have the reconnection to the past. It’ll wear off. Nostalgia is short lived and hardly a recipe for success.  

I hope it works out, but for about half my life it hasn’t so what the hay... btw, did everyone catch coaches latest podcast with AJ Guyton??? Fun stuff. 

8 hours ago, Hoosiereyedoc said:

Just saw this on Jerome’s Instagram story. Happy to see he’s liking Woody and maybe the transfer rumor is unsubstantiated 

47A682EA-6F18-457E-9926-9B21640B9675.png

Never bought into the transfer rumor, Hunter has a chance to have a really good season now with Woody’s stretch-the-floor run and gun game, kid’s a shooter 

The new era begins this week. Go get 'em Woody. 

I wasn't fully thrilled with this hire at first, but honestly I can't imagine an easier guy to root for as the coach of this program. LET'S GO HOOSIERS! 

(Please don't Indiana State this thing, I'll likely die)

EDIT: Is there a game thread yet? can't believe it's here

The new era begins this week. Go get 'em Woody. 
I wasn't fully thrilled with this hire at first, but honestly I can't imagine an easier guy to root for as the coach of this program. LET'S GO HOOSIERS! 
(Please don't Indiana State this thing, I'll likely die)
EDIT: Is there a game thread yet? can't believe it's here
Not alot of traffic on BtownBanners as a whole. I think fans have given up. Hopefully this team can create some excitement

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

Not alot of traffic on BtownBanners as a whole. I think fans have given up. Hopefully this team can create some excitement emoji120.png

I think the fanbase has just been fooled too many times.  We shall see winning cures all. Let’s hope Woody can win 

55 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Not alot of traffic on BtownBanners as a whole. I think fans have given up. Hopefully this team can create some excitement emoji120.png

All the IU boards have been slow this weekend with people checking out on football and no recruiting news. That'll change this week with the season getting started. There will be plenty of hoops to talk about. 

5 hours ago, coonhounds said:

I think a lot of "wait and see"  approach going on.  Most people I talk to are optimistic about Woodson and excited to see some different basketball.  And,  I think most are use to the failure and figure "wait and see".