Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

35 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

What an incredible change in climate in comparison to 3 weeks ago for us IUBB fans. I was admittedly less than thrilled originally, but my cup is overflowing now. Any word as to which young men we might be continuing to target for the last open scholarship?

yep, I'll admit he and the staff have turned my frown upside down.  I can't wait to watch a more free flowing offense that is willing to attack off the break.  

I can't believe what that competition will be like at the guard spot.  I want to see Lander and Phinisee in a different offense.  Seeing Stewart, Bates, and XJ too.  Wow.  I would have preferred a wing because i like the bigger lineups, but with this depth at guard, we will see a lot of 3 guard sets i'd imagine.  

42 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

What an incredible change in climate in comparison to 3 weeks ago for us IUBB fans. I was admittedly less than thrilled originally, but my cup is overflowing now. Any word as to which young men we might be continuing to target for the last open scholarship?

I think it's the mystery man.  Weeks ago, someone tweeted Indiana would have a surprise Starter that no one expected.  I, and others, believe it is whoever our next guy is.  Rumors at this point have little merit, but I can't wait to see who it is.  Reid, Smith?????  idk.  Ask Trayce?

I wasn't enamored with the hire, but I also wasn't disappointed. I love what I have seen so far.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

I encourage y’all to look back to page one of this thread. There were many who saw the upside, some who had other hopes but an open mind, and a few ...others.

He definitely wasn’t my first choice, but I was open to the hire. Now I’m wondering why we didn’t hire him instead of Crean 13 years ago.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

I encourage y’all to look back to page one of this thread. There were many who saw the upside, some who had other hopes but an open mind, and a few ...others.

I was on the Brad train and even though we did not get him I am glad we seemingly exhausted that opportunity.  Once we got to our next option I was not thinking of Woodson much tbh but I did post once that part of me wanted us to hire Fife or Lewis and then build the best staff, development and basketball program in the country.  Use that $ for assistants and other developmental staff to make sure our chances of success this time around were significantly better.  Go outside the standard if needed but spend that Brad money and build it.

Then when the Woodson news started to break, a week or so before the Matta thing, I started to look into this option more and started to think maybe I should replace Fife and Lewis with Woody.  

I had a strong tip that he was in discussions about a week or so before the official news broke that he was hired but it did not seem to fit with the rest of the news from this board and a few other places so I was not sure what to make of it.  I was hopeful though that if he came he could build a monster...but there was certainly some doubt.  I did not hear about Matta though till the news broke on Woody and all of a sudden the possibilities seemed huge and as @kottke said, why did we not do this before Crean. 

Since he was hired, it just seems to get better and better.  Matta, TJD coming back, Lander Back, Kenya Hunter stays, Parker stays, Gonzaga does not go undefeated, Fife, X commits, Race is back, Yasir hired, Bates commits - am i missing something?

Seems whenever we lose someone, we replace with a better guy or one with potential to be better. 

We have one more spot to fill.  He could probably bring in anyone and the overall transition from Arch to Woody has been a huge success in stage 1.  The next stages (can Race and TJD develop outside shots, does Rob find his mojo, can Woody's plan be explained, taught and then be successful in college) we don't get to see or judge until we hit the court.  Until then, it certainly seems as if we should not have to worry about a multi year rebuild.

9 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Things are fun now but we still haven’t started the games yet.  

10 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I was very, very, extremely excited, satisfied, and optimistic about the hire!

Therefore, for me so far it’s about average results.       ;)

I like to check my sources. What did you think of Archie during his tenure?  Are there posters who saw what a disaster he was early, then also thought Woodson was a good hire?  Those are the ones I want to follow.  :92:

21 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

^You were understandably wondering about this on hiring day^

Answer:

Yes. 
He can land top 10-20 classes.

And yes. 
On most nights, including during B1G conference play, our guys will just be better than our opponent’s.

It took him about three weeks to definitively establish that.

I can't wait to see what he can do in a full recruiting cycle. He's been here less than a month and already blown me away. 

I can't wait to see what he can do in a full recruiting cycle. He's been here less than a month and already blown me away. 

I’m excited to see the potential. The Bates commitment and the offers so far are incredibly intriguing.

I guess I don’t have to be a fair weather fan afterall. Thank goodness. Im already all in. I will be very critical of the product, as you all already know. Lol

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app