Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

27 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Maybe he was expecting Dolson to give him some early heads up on Woody, Fife, etc., and they never came.

Yep, Goodman is very much a transactional/access reporter. Also someone that I think would be willing to put out knowingly false info as a favor to get future access.

Holtmann's agent: "Hey Jeff, IU sent out a routine feeler email to see if Chris might be interested in the IU job. Chris like most coaches gets like 5-10 of these at the end of every season but usually aren't worthwhile enough to leak, but if you could report it as more overt interest (you wouldn't be completely lying), it might have some legs because IU's search is dragging on a bit. If you could do us this solid, I'll try to pass any good story leads in the near future"

Goodman: "Sure"

Goodman 3 minutes later:

Jeff Goodman is similar to Woj to me. IU keeps their department very closed off to media access so the national media guys get pissy and have a vendetta against IU. Woj doesn’t have access to lebron so his articles are always Lebron hit pieces. It’s so transparent and honestly trash journalism. Just ignore him and he’ll go away. 

1 hour ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

If I were Dolson, I would do everything in my power to make sure this douchebag was never cleared credentials to enter Assembly Hall or cover an IU game in person as a credentialed member of the press or whatever he is unless he had to buy a ticket to sit in the stands.

F that. Keep the sob out of Assembly Hall.  And anyone who sells their ticket to him his banned as well.  

3 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

F that. Keep the sob out of Assembly Hall.  And anyone who sells their ticket to him his banned as well.  

I'd do the same to Dakich, but yeah. 

34 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Oh wow.

At 80 years old his recall and knowledge of EVERYTHING is amazing. Name dropping Lander, Geronimo, Duncomb unprompted? The guy is incredibly sharp!

Impressive indeed. I also liked this part...

QUESTION: Woodson played on the 1976 Indiana high all-stars and wasn’t named Mr. Basketball. A player who went to your school, North Carolina, Dave Colescott, was.

BROWN: “Yeah, I remember. And Mike is still pissed off about it.”