Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

Can someone explain to me how the play in games are not all 4 16s vs 17s? How does a potential 11 have to play another potential 11 while 20 lesser teams have a rest?
We may disagree, but I think the last 4 in should be playing in the first four. Regardless of how bad these lower conferences are, they did when their conferences. They deserve to be playing Thursday or Friday.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Anyone else lose all interest in the tournament after we got our guy? Now I couldn’t care less what happens. I’m just ready for Woody to get his team and get to work. 
Nope. It's college basketball. I never lose interest

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The more I think about the more I think CMW may very well have been SD's #2 after BS. If he had potentially put out feelers to see if Matta would be willing to take on the role he is in and to see if Fife would be willing to come in as a heir apparent (total guess at this point) then I can see how he envisioned his entire master plan. Woodson comes in with NBA cache, an ability to develop the current core and to bridge the past and the present. Matta comes in to help him in all of the aspects that CMW is not familiar with in being a college HC. Then Fife to be the guy who continues on with the vision after CMW decides to retire. It was all about stabilizing the current situation, building for the future and then already having that future in place while reuniting all of the history/players/fans that makes the program what it is. If this works out SD may earn himself all the time he wants here as AD.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan22 said:

I think that Mike Woodson will be able to recruit at a top tier. If you see all of these kids dads are like after 5 minutes they should stay so if it is the same way for recruiting it will be easy for him.

Especially in Indy. Fife to wow the parents. Woodson to impress the grandparents. 

I was upset initially about the hire, but after my first day or two of disappointment I really started to come around and reading up on former coaches and players talk about woody. I have to say I am on the woody wagon and watching this championship game has me very optimistic as to what our team can be. So much up and down the court, solid defense, multiple 3 point shooters. I think we are in for some exciting basketball again. If everyone returns I think Woodys new system can help with getting their confidence back as they’ll just be playing more instead of running sets and think we do have some solid shooters on the team that just haven’t found their rhythm and confidence. I am ready for the 2021-2022 season to start now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, iubb said:

Lol. Goodman is a Pathetic hack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think most IU fans are pretty satisfied with how the early returns of the route we chose to go this time...

1 minute ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

If I were Dolson, I would do everything in my power to make sure this douchebag was never cleared credentials to enter Assembly Hall or cover an IU game in person as a credentialed member of the press or whatever he is unless he had to buy a ticket to sit in the stands.

I love it when Dakich rips on him. "Goodman?! He doesn't know anything!" 

What is really stupid about Goodman's schtick is if IU did call Drew he'd say "Nah, I'm good, just won the NC and have a great class coming in" and we'd look silly. He's just mad that IU fans called him out for being a dork in orthopedic shoes.